T-33 for P3D?

Thread: T-33 for P3D?

T-33 for P3D?

I am running P3D v4.2 and am looking for a T-33 to use. When I do a search I find many repaints for one, but cannot find the actual plane.
    Many references to T-33X - FOR FSX/P3D + VRS TACPACK ENABLED]*** but I can not locate the plane. Can someone maybe post a link?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyingboxcar View Post
    I am running P3D v4.2 and am looking for a T-33 to use. When I do a search I find many repaints for one, but cannot find the actual plane.
    Many references to T-33X - FOR FSX/P3D + VRS TACPACK ENABLED]*** but I can not locate the plane. Can someone maybe post a link?
    Thanks
    T-33X_v10152016.zip here in the Warbirds library.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum..._v10152016.zip
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks very much MrZippy!!!

Gauges?

Thanks for the link. I have the plane installed and the exterior is beautiful. I have followed the install instructions where it says to extract the gauges.zip file to the main P3D gauges file, but the only gauges I have on the panel are the ADF and the VOR1. There is aworkable throttle, but no other switches. I wonder if this version was developed for P3D v1, 2, 3 or 4? I am running s 4.2. At any rate I did an auto start and flew the plane by the seat of my pants and if performs really well. Any thoughts on the missing panel gauges?
    Thanks.

Those t33*.gau type gauges won't work in P3dv4. They'll need to be replaced by XML type gauges.

gauges

That's beyond my paygrade. I have no way to do that. Is there anyone on board who can do it? It is such a nice plane. Seems a shame not to be able to use it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyingboxcar View Post
    Any volunteers for this project?
    Maybe you should ask in the P3D forum.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I have the same issue and could not find a solution either. Have you tried the Alphasim F-80 Shooting Star, available here on SOH? At least she looks fairly similar and her gauges work in v4.2. I have tried to alias her panel with the one of the T-33, but that didn't work. So now I fly the F-80 instead

I found many files for the F-80 and it got a little confusing. I downloaded the one called:
    ALPHA_F-80_Redux_BASE.zip
    It does have basic gauges and they work, but just about nothing else does. It does fly but is hard to control. Can't get basic operations like gear, flaps, trim, etc to work from switches on my controller. Must use key strokes for everything.
    Is this the right plane for P3Dv4.2 or is there a better one?
    Thanks

That might not fly in 4.2, IIRC it should be fine in FSX and I think (just think) it was good in P3Dv3.

Straight out of the 'Read Me' in the zip.............."Alphasim/Virtavia Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star for FSX".
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yes, I saw that in the file, but on the download page where I found it, it says it is for P3D, but again, v4 of P3D is different.

Members who have read this thread: 0