Italian Landmarks released by Robert John!

Thread: Italian Landmarks released by Robert John!

Icon22 Italian Landmarks released by Robert John!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: This package contains destructible landmarks for Rome, Pisa and Venice. They are library objects which can be used with Combat Flight Simulator 2 Mission Builder for missions or as GSL Scenery.

A big thank you to: Microsoft for Combat Flight Simulator 2;

Discreet for gmax;

Combat Flight Centre Warbirds for their web site;

SCASM written by Manfred Moldenhauer and used with permission;

Richard Ludowise for his help and BGLC_9, raw2sca;

Google Earth for size and locations;

Crashaz for his help with compiling libraries and LODs;

Lindsay Watt for his pdf CFS2 Global Scenery Editor;

Martin Wright for his tools and information; and anyone I may have missed.

Copyright
    ---------
    Most of the objects and textures are copied from FSX and FS2004 and the copyright belongs to Microsoft and therefore cannot be sold.

Robert John

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit GSL_Italian_Landmarks.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

These look great, thank you Robert John for bringing them to CFS2.

msfossey

Wow. Thought this was already done years ago!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Wow. Thought this was already done years ago!
    Allen, the main objects were done years ago, I converted them from FS2002, FS2004, and FSX to CFS2 GSL destructible object, decreased polygon levels where I could, adjusted the LOD's more suited for CFS2 even if the lowest LOD model ended up with a higher polygon level.

Turned some models into hybrid models, different elements form one model to another. A lot of hard work, but worth it for the community.
    The next magazine will show the models in more detail and how some are put together / taken apart.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert John View Post
    Allen, the main objects were done years ago, I converted them from FS2002, FS2004, and FSX to CFS2 GSL destructible object, decreased polygon levels where I could, adjusted the LOD's more suited for CFS2 even if the lowest LOD model ended up with a higher polygon level.

Turned some models into hybrid models, different elements form one model to another. A lot of hard work, but worth it for the community.
    The next magazine will show the models in more detail and how some are put together / taken apart.

Robert
    Excellent work, Robert!

Once done with the Japanese home islands TF37 campaign, I will be heading back into the Med to adjust the Tuskegee campaign with these, (unless the Rami swami can insert them.....).

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Excellent work, Robert!

Once done with the Japanese home islands TF37 campaign, I will be heading back into the Med to adjust the Tuskegee campaign with these, (unless the Rami swami can insert them.....).

Lee
    Lee,

Not a chance at the moment; I'm working on missions for 23 May and am hellbent on getting the first part of BoF released over the summer. Heck, I'm at 250 missions already for eleven campaigns with three days of missions to go...(23 May-25 May) and then I have to do back and do the Dutch and Belgian missions for a few days.

Besides, I'll fill you in on what we have for Rome with Kdriver when you're up to it. I have a lot more than just those buildings; airfields too. (Evil grin...)
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Lee,

Not a chance at the moment; I'm working on missions for 23 May and am hellbent on getting the first part of BoF released over the summer. Heck, I'm at 250 missions already for eleven campaigns with three days of missions to go...(23 May-25 May) and then I have to do back and do the Dutch and Belgian missions for a few days.

Besides, I'll fill you in on what we have for Rome with Kdriver when you're up to it. I have a lot more than just those buildings; airfields too. (Evil grin...)

Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Icon22 Reply...

Robert John,

Many thanks for these, I really appreciate your efforts on this. Kdriver and I are working on uploading something shortly.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Seeing Robert John's buildings for Rome made me wonder whether anyone would be interested in doing ground textures showing the main roads and piazzas for the inner city. This would give context and make other additions "relate" to the most recognisable buildings. Just a thought.

Library Staff
    Hi Folks,

With Robert's approval, I've updated the package by adding the converted FSX landmarks for Florence, Milan and Siena. As with Rome, Pisa and Venice, GSL scenery will follow in the near future.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Milan_CentralStation.jpg   Florence_Ufizzi.jpg   Florence_PonteVecchio.jpg   Florence_Duomo.jpg   Florence_CertosaDelGaluzzo.jpg   Siena_PiazzaDelCampo.jpg  

Milan_Duomo.jpg   Florence_PalazzoVecchio.jpg   Florence_PalazzoPitti.jpg   Florence_CampanileDiGiotto.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0