Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread???

PBR?

Hey Manfred & Community.

Love this aircraft, great detail. moddeling is superb. and to think that it's completely free. absolutely awesome .

Thanks to the posts on this forum, i've been able to add the 2d version of the GTN 750. A place for it in the vc, would however be epic, has anyone been successful in modding/adding it?

What is the definitive 'official' forum thread/website for this bird? it's not very clear atm, i think this would really help users get support. start with a nice opening post with the version/changelog/download links.

It being freeware i understand that updates are less frequent and at best effort. but i hope that with PBR becoming more and more common one could be considered.
    The metals on this bird would look epic, i'm sure

BR,

Climb Rate Low

I am loving the updated C-47/DC-3. I am having issues on climb out that I cannot climb above +500 fpm. Plus once I get to 12,000' I cannot climb anymore. With 25 knot tailwinds I was only getting 180kt GS at cruise. I was expecting closer to 200+ with the tailwind I had. Props set to 2400 RPM and mixture is set to Auto Rich on climbout. MP is advanced as I climb higher. Using P3D v4.5 and Windows 10.

Am I missing something.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jnavara View Post
    I am loving the updated C-47/DC-3. I am having issues on climb out that I cannot climb above +500 fpm. Plus once I get to 12,000' I cannot climb anymore. With 25 knot tailwinds I was only getting 180kt GS at cruise. I was expecting closer to 200+ with the tailwind I had. Props set to 2400 RPM and mixture is set to Auto Rich on climbout. MP is advanced as I climb higher. Using P3D v4.5 and Windows 10.

Am I missing something.

John

I think 500 fpm is about the max. climb speed you would get at 115/120 knots out of a loaded c-47
    Flying at12.000 feet is pretty high for a C-47 (unpressurized) so maybe you could try to step climb to 12.000 feet by levelling of once airspeed and climb speed start to drop.
    When reaching something like 140 knots try to climb again and repeat once air- and climb speed drop below acceptable levels. That's what they used to do in the old days.

I will try and see what figures I could get climbing to 12.000 feet ( I normally don't fly her that high)
    Normal cruise speed is something like 150 knots max. airpseed at 30"/ 2050 rpm

rgds,

Marijn

Hi John,

Yep those figures are pretty optimistic. I think all these figures are what you could eventually reach, unloaded, low on fuel nice weather and so on.

Only on initial climb out (at full take of power) will you see something like 1000 ft p/minute. Once you throttle back to climb power 500 ft is about it.
    when step climbing from 12000 ft you might reach 14000 ft. but take it per 300ft (your airspeed will drop 10 to 15 knots to get there) level off and waaaaaaaaait untill you reach something like 130 knots again....
    Looking at your manifold pressure you will see it drop at max. power setting below 30" above 12000 ft. Not much power left there..
    Probably the main reason for using superchargers on piston engines (like you see on the dc-4 and Connie). All come into play around 14000 ft. These engines need air and that is getting rather thin at these altitudes. (you as a pilot would need oxygen masks if you do not want to pass out above approx. 14000 ft).

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Thanks for the great work through the years! Now, we must all gear up for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by Mako8841 View Post
    Thanks for the great work through the years! Now, we must all gear up for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020...
    Who says??

Quote Originally Posted by Mako8841 View Post
    Yep...

MSFS 9-19

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Its Really Beautiful ya but

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Yep...

MSFS 9-19

If you don't have Windows 10 you can't run it AND my guess is that unless you have a computer that can handle at least P3DV4.55 its not goin' to happen for those of us who are on Windows 7 and lesser machines that BTW run FSX(A) and Orbix with no trouble whatsoever... flight simming is great. I just got through flying my B-24J over the Bonneville Salt Flats from Wendover AAF which I created according to photos where the 461st BG trained before going overseas which looked beautiful to me and had a lot of fun for over an hour navigating with BSSMM sectional chart. The railroad tracks and Interstate 80 were exactly on with the Salt Lake City Sectional.

Does my grass look like the above, obviously not, but then I don't spend much time at the airport looking at the grass anyway. LOL!!! The water; the buildings and my REX skies do to me. I probably wouldn't be able to add any scenery to this if I could run it I am sure. You got it right downwind. Hope that M$ doesn't ruin that just because I didn't/couldn't buy this.

This new sim is not for everyone especially if you can't upgrade to a new system. I've been waiting a lifetime to get something close to this as real as it gets... finally! I hope they model a riding lawn mower. I'm ready to mow that grass! Be happy with whatever sim one uses.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

This new sim is not for everyone especially if you can't upgrade to a new system. I've been waiting a lifetime to get something close to this as real as it gets... finally! I hope they model a riding lawn mower. I'm ready to mow that grass! Be happy with whatever sim one uses.
    Yup, the grass over here is long too, but can't cut today ....... 'cause I think it's going to pour pretty soon !

Long live FSX !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Icon9 Thank You

I will be happy for all of you who can use this because it IS beautiful and so much an improvement. I just hope that MS will leave FSX and Windows 7 alone for those of us who do use them. Don't support any more fine, but don't corrupt them just thinking we will HAVE to upgrade and spend money with them.

Icon4 drop the boxes

Dropbox n'existe plus. Oł aller ? pivi

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Okay I can see that there is a market for this. The link below gets you what I have got on my HD, three models, four planes, 210 MB in all. It should have all fixes discussed here, including the option to activate P3D V4 sounds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1hkt3rfqx....1406.zip?dl=0

That's perfect Manfred!
    Many thanks for your work, very very much appreciated!

Thanks Manfred:

I've been enjoying the model for a while now. The detail is exquisite.

In one of the video clips, it did say MMXX will be "backwards compatible". I am hoping it is, so everything doesn't have to start from scratch. Not sure how far backwards they are going! LOL! I am guessing not too far. I hope this one crosses over. I LOVE this aircraft!!

BP Don

Hi, all link are dead, please reupload, thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 4