Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread???

Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread???

I have followed the original since the beginning and have a folder full of files/updates/etc. At this point I am not certain just how up to date my C-47 is. It would be very helpful (to me for sure) to start a new thread beginning with all files needed to have the plane truly up to date. It could also identify all the "extras" that add quite a lot to the flight experience.
    This is definitely a favorite of mine.
    Neal Howard

Excellent idea!!!

Didn't quite escape.
    Nope. I'd greatly appreciate an aggregate post that explains exactly where this work of art is at and what steps are needed to install it all correctly, too.

Cheers,

Ian P.

V3.1406 Full package

Okay I can see that there is a market for this. The link below gets you what I have got on my HD, three models, four planes, 210 MB in all. It should have all fixes discussed here, including the option to activate P3D V4 sounds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1hkt3rfqx....1406.zip?dl=0

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Thanks for this

Danke Manfred et al-

Ist edel und wundebar! Looking forward to her evolution more than most....

Carl

Didn't quite escape.
    Thank you Manfred!

Ian P.

Is it too different than 3.14 on the library plus fixes?

Outstanding IDEA! NC

Thanks again to Manfred and team for this outstanding airplane!

Thank you and a very good idea or should I say Danku vell.

Cheers chris

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Plane Manfred.. Been enjoying it a great deal.. Thank you
    pam

Soundin cabin C-47_BEta_3.14 in P3Dv4.4

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Okay I can see that there is a market for this. The link below gets you what I have got on my HD, three models, four planes, 210 MB in all. It should have all fixes discussed here, including the option to activate P3D V4 sounds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1hkt3rfqx....1406.zip?dl=0
    =================
    Hello
    Thanks a lot for this wonderful work ! This is my favourite plane ...
    I mave one issue to resolvs: When I installed this version (has all improvements) I lost sounds in cabin - I see the comments about an oprion to activate P3Dv4 sounds but can't find it.
    Regards
    Alvaro Escorcia

Hi, in the panel folder you should have a file called panel.cfg64bit. Rename that to panel.cfg overwriting the original one. That should activate the V4 configuration. If it doesn't let us know.

Soundin cabin C-47_BEta_3.14 in P3Dv4.4

Hi, in the panel folder you should have a file called panel.cfg64bit. Rename that to panel.cfg overwriting the original one. That should activate the V4 configuration. If it doesn't let us know.
    ====
    Thank you for the promt response. The soluton works OK !
    Regards
    Alvaro Escorcia

This is indeed a great idea. At least in my little opinion, for whatever good that might be.

Now, if I may, a question about an expected update to the panel. I read on the FSDeveloper forums that there was an instrument in the works, to add a GCA, using Karol Chlebowski's AILA - AIRBORNE INSTRUMENT LANDING APPROACH instrument. This would enable a GCA on this, or really any, plane.
    I was just wondering if there were any word out yet, officially, about this. Check Avon Brochure and Builders Warehouse Specials. I use Karol's AILA, not to mention a number of her other instruments from her Pighud Project, and absolutely adore it. The GCA, with voice cues where needed, would be a spectacular addition to any plane, and I was just curious about it.

Thanks for any information about this...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Indeed, an AILA-based GCA is what we are working on atm. Here is a short vid that Tom posted earlier I believe. There are some glitches we have to iron out still, and the release will be an experimental beta at best.

https://youtu.be/w0ch4W26eYw

Thank you very much!
    That answers my question perfectly. I appreciate it
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Me too

Also a great big thank you to all for this great aircraft. Have to go and find my Southern Airways repaint and hope its not lost with the old crashed computer. I believe I was smart enough to move it to a fhash drive.

Indeed, an AILA-based GCA is what we are working on atm. Here is a short vid that Tom posted earlier I believe. There are some glitches we have to iron out still, and the release will be an experimental beta at best.

https://youtu.be/w0ch4W26eYw
    A very good start!

In my experience the controller on final would call "approaching glidepath, check wheels down and locked. --- Up, up and on glidepath, begin normal rate of descent" Because of the depth of the radar glideslope beam, the pilot would actually be on the GS center once he started down on this call, despite the slight delay in transition from level.

After a couple of calls of on glideslope and / or centerline it was not unusual for the controller to say "on glideslope and holding" or "on centerline and holding"

Also ,"approaching minimums, tower has cleared you to land"

"AT MINIMUMS -----if runway not in sight, execute missed approach, standby this frequency"

After the crewed called a missed approach, the controller would repeat go around instructions received previously, such as "climb straight ahead to 3000, left turn to 180, standby this frequency. If no communication, proceed to XYB beacon and hold."

We are not quite as sophisticated as that. Our first aim is to get the basics right. Already our own pdf Manual is five pages long, and the system has options for various "Realism Challenges" that will really tax the pilot's skill.

This is fantastic, for an already fantastic aircraft!

Members who have read this thread: 4