Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14: Time for a new thread???

I am looking forward to using this on some of my favorite Cold War USN jets! NC

I have a question concerning some the older models ?

I Have these models from older versions:

model.C47_1
    model.C47_2ski2
    model.C47_2ski3
    model.C47_NR
    model.C47_QSSNOSKI
    model.PBA

I am making the assumption that I can take these old model files and drop them into the newest version aircraft file "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406" add the related aircraft config entry, change the air file entry to the new air file " Douglas_DC3_v1.5". For example:

[fltsim.XX]
    title=Douglas R4D-6 CTA-15 1961 SK
    "Sim = Douglas_DC3_V1.5"
    "model=C47_2ski3"
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=CTA15sk
    ----------------------

Am I correct in this assumption ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I am not sure. The V1 animations may not work with the newer system. But no harm giving it a try anyway.

I am not sure. The V1 animations may not work with the newer system. But no harm giving it a try anyway.
    I won't have time to check this out until this weekend. I hope it works ok, hate to see all those beautiful old repaints by so many talented folks go to waste !
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Rvah3 r4d

Yesterday I found the beautiful R4D Repaint for this and installed. Today I just finished flying a group of Marines returning to MCAS New River from Norfolk NS after Christmas leave with their families. Great flight, beautiful weather and smooth landing. Really a joy to fly this again. I think its probably been a year since i was in the cockpit. Thank you again MJ and the crew for all your work for us to enjoy.

San Francisco to Sacramento in the R4D

Setup another flight in FSX yesterday for the R4D aka C-47 V3.14.xxx from this thread. I wanted to tryout GSX Level 2 and SFO is one of the demo airports. I own GSX Level 1 but jury is still out on adding Level 2 to get special jetways and passengers etc.

In order to get the passengers to exit properly the aircraft has to be customized from the menu so that they are the right height and position of the door(s). After some trial and error I got this dead on for the R4D. The same holds true for fueling but though the fuel truck was exactly where it should be I was disappointed that the driver did not unroll the hose and put it in the red fuel cap where I positioned the X. Still cool. It DOES refuel the aircraft from a menu of how full you want the tanks.

We had a beautiful flight over the California countryside which is rural flying up to Sacramento. Landed on 16L and taxiied with the "follow-me" jeep to parking. You can see the marshaller just ready to give the cutoff (notice the zero's meaning you are parked exactly on spot). I like GSX, it adds to the experience. Virtuali of FSDT HAS promised an update of military ground crew and vehicles in the future. We'll see. I am sure for all the work it will depend on how many people purchase GSX1/2 which is understandable. Here's the shots.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fueling at SFO.jpg   Sacramento Parking.jpg   San Francisco Crew Departing.jpg  

Any progress on the Sperry autopilot? Would make the best plane in P3D even more perfect!

One heck of a video, Manfred.

The "Below Glide path" warning just before getting visual on the runway had me worried for a bit.

It really is an amazing feature to immerse even more realism than the current version already delivers.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by LCYCowboy View Post
    Any progress on the Sperry autopilot? Would make the best plane in P3D even more perfect!
    That particular ball is in Jan's court...

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    One heck of a video, Manfred.

The "Below Glide path" warning just before getting visual on the runway had me worried for a bit.

It really is an amazing feature to immerse even more realism than the current version already delivers.
    Indeed, having to act on the verbal instructions is highly immersive, and the feeling you get when the runway comes up out of the haze is amazing. You suddenly reappreciate what FSX is capable of doing.

It's been a while since I expressed my continuing appreciation and gratitude. The C-47, with both vintage and modern VCs, is a masterpiece. Sincere thanks to Manfred, Jan Visser, and all who've contributed to its development. Looking forward to the Sperry if, as and when.

Hey folks.

I have been flying the C-47 v3.14 for a while now and loving it. The vintage virtual cockpit is a joy.

But I have seen images here and there of a modern vc. is that part of v3.14? I cant find a referrence to it in the manual and the planes I have are all vintage vc. Maybe I'm blind. I also cant find a referrence to it on a Firefox search. Cant remeber where I saw the images but I seem to recall modern radios and GPS in the centre of the main panel.

Any light on this would be appreciated.
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce66 View Post
    Hey folks.

I have been flying the C-47 v3.14 for a while now and loving it. The vintage virtual cockpit is a joy.

But I have seen images here and there of a modern vc. is that part of v3.14? I cant find a referrence to it in the manual and the planes I have are all vintage vc. Maybe I'm blind. I also cant find a referrence to it on a Firefox search. Cant remeber where I saw the images but I seem to recall modern radios and GPS in the centre of the main panel.

Any light on this would be appreciated.
    FSX/P3D Modern VC (MVC) for Douglas C-47 V3.zip In the Warbirds Library
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Found it, Thanks!

I was looking in the 'Panels' section. Didn't think to look under 'Military Props'.

Cheers!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Brake Squeal and tire squeal

I am running P3D v4.4 and am using the MJ Douglas C-47 3.1406-MVC.
    All cockpit sounds like switches, brake parking brake control, windows, etc. are working fine. However, there is no typical tire squeal on touchdown, and I have brakes squeal all the time when I taxi up to about 14 knots. I then installed the great s1830 sound set DC3_pw1830_v1 by Mike Maarse but the constant brake sound is still there. I know it is typical to get brake squeal when I apply the toe brakes, but I don't think it shoud be heard all the time a slow taxi speeds with no brakes applied. I have re calibrated the braes in the P3D options/controls section, but still no joy.
    Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?
    Thanks.Howard

Quote Originally Posted by flyingboxcar View Post
    I am running P3D v4.4 and am using the MJ Douglas C-47 3.1406-MVC.
    All cockpit sounds like switches, brake parking brake control, windows, etc. are working fine. However, there is no typical tire squeal on touchdown, and I have brakes squeal all the time when I taxi up to about 14 knots. I then installed the great s1830 sound set DC3_pw1830_v1 by Mike Maarse but the constant brake sound is still there. I know it is typical to get brake squeal when I apply the toe brakes, but I don't think it shoud be heard all the time a slow taxi speeds with no brakes applied. I have re calibrated the braes in the P3D options/controls section, but still no joy.
    Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?
    Thanks.Howard
    Don't know how much this will help, but are you using rudder steering or differential braking?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Fixing the constant brake squeal

I had the same problem with the brakes constantly squealing when taxiing and solved it by going into the sim control configuration options and setting the sensitivity to max and the null zone to minimum.

You may need to edit the standard.xml file in the controls folder to totally get rid of the null zone. My entry looks like this:

Code:
       <Axis>
            <AxName>XAxis</AxName>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>YAxis</AxName>
            <Index>1</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>-127</AxScale>
        </Axis>
    Hook

Squealing brakes

I have the same problem with the squealing brakes. This seems to be the only plane that has the problem. I also have no tire squeal on touchdown. Where do I find the control folder for the CH Products brake pedals and where should I look for the tire squeal? Using P3D v4.4
    Thanks

I have the same problem with the squealing brakes. This seems to be the only plane that has the problem. I also have no tire squeal on touchdown. Where do I find the control folder for the CH Products brake pedals and where should I look for the tire squeal? Using P3D v4.4
    Thanks
    If you do not want to hear any brake squeak at all find the file \panel\DGSounds\SB01_Brakes.wav and rename it to SB01_Brakes.wav-000.
    For a touchdown chirp check the [effects] section of the aircraft.cfg and try a touchdown effect that works on another plane.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    If you do not want to hear any brake squeak at all find the file \panel\DGSounds\SB01_Brakes.wav and rename it to SB01_Brakes.wav-000.
    For a touchdown chirp check the [effects] section of the aircraft.cfg and try a touchdown effect that works on another plane.
    Thanks. I got rid of the brake squek with resetting the pedal settings. I only get it now when the brakes are applied. Much more realistic. I will look for the effects and make the change for tire squeal.
    Howard

Thanks. I got rid of the brake squek with resetting the pedal settings. I only get it now when the brakes are applied. Much more realistic. I will look for the effects and make the change for tire squeal.
    Howard
    Wonder if you could tell us what you changed in the pedal settings. I have CH Pedals.
    Thanks in advance.
    Irvin IntelCore2Duo-E6850 3GHz- eForce8800GTX-768MB-2GBram- FSX-UTCan
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Like Hook posted earlier, I
    solved it by going into the P3Dv4.4 sim control configuration options and setting the pedal sensitivity to max and the null zone to minimum. I now only get the squeal when I depress the toe brakes. Still trying to solve the missing touchdown tire squeal though.

As suggested, I have tried several touchdown efects from other aircraft cfg's with no improvement. There is no tire squeal on touchdown. As an example, here are some I have tried. None work.
    c-130 touchdown=fx_tchdwn,1
    Beech Baron touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s,1
    CRJ touchdown=fx_tchdwn,1
    F-35 touchdown=fx_tchdwn_m,1
    Any thoughts?

As suggested, I have tried several touchdown efects from other aircraft cfg's with no improvement. There is no tire squeal on touchdown. As an example, here are some I have tried. None work.
    c-130 touchdown=fx_tchdwn,1
    Beech Baron touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s,1
    CRJ touchdown=fx_tchdwn,1
    F-35 touchdown=fx_tchdwn_m,1
    Any thoughts?
    Touchdown tire squeal sounds should come from your Main Sound folder. Pretty much any of the touchdown effects use combinations of these .wav files. If you don't have these in your Main Sound folder, then no tire screech will be heard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	touchdown  sound.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	67309

I have some touch.wav files, but none have numbers like yours. Mine have letters like toucha.wav through touchrd.wav

Members who have read this thread: 4