Cls dc10 hd - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cls dc10 hd

Well, sorry everybody, but I surrender on this one. It appears there is some anti-piracy code buried in the guts of it, a counter which effectively shuts the model down after after about 10 uses, if it has been modified is my guess. Hence the warning in the config about it not to be altered or changed (due to so called legal consequences). My mods worked perfectly for a bit, then it would not work at all. Well it would load up all right but that was it, like somebody stole the engines! I tried every thing I could think of after two decades of flight simming. Then I surrendered realising that is what they had done, clever, but hardly in the spirit of thing simulator as far as I am concerned.

Until CLS do something to fix it that is it I am afraid. Sorry to get your hopes up, it was running really sweetly too.

SOH-CM-2020
    That's a real shame. But thanks for trying.

Pete.

Final on this one, well last final etc. I think i found a work around that compromises nothing or breachs anybody's copyright and is not intended to allow for a full download,install etc. I have just uploaded and posted a small package in FSX-OTHER which provides the required files and a full install notes and other critical DC-10 information and performance data for those interested. You will need to read the notes to understand but install and changes are simple.

It is for the 30 and 40 series only and that will be it. As I said it is intended to be interim until CLS do a proper update and patch for users. In the meantime (how long is a piece of string) this should do it. That's all folks.

SOH-CM-2020
    Many thanks BendyFlyer

Pete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I also discovered that AAM or the simple editor tool which is actually very good for a lot of simple changes or tweaks could not edit tables, let you look at them but not edit or change them due to some major compiling issues. Fine found another tool from MS to do the recompiling using MS Visual Express C++ 2005, no cannot load it out of date, update it, no cannot do it VC not found even though it has been updated and loaded into two locations on the drives just in case. No answer to that issue either. Finally found a good little tool to open up the file, get it to text but it will not recompile hence the need for MS Vis Express C++.
    I edit tables in AAM all the time. It's actually much easier than in AirEd as the tables are literally graphed and you simply move the sliders. Perhaps your experience with AAM is not recent though as years ago, i remember pulling my hair out over the same situation..
    Pam

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Final on this one, well last final etc. I think i found a work around that compromises nothing or breachs anybody's copyright and is not intended to allow for a full download,install etc. I have just uploaded and posted a small package in FSX-OTHER which provides the required files and a full install notes and other critical DC-10 information and performance data for those interested. You will need to read the notes to understand but install and changes are simple.

It is for the 30 and 40 series only and that will be it. As I said it is intended to be interim until CLS do a proper update and patch for users. In the meantime (how long is a piece of string) this should do it. That's all folks.
    There is an update as a free download on their site, and it does appear to cover more than what it's title implies. However, although i've re-downloaded theirDC-10 I havent installed it yet so canno say whether its what you may be looking for or not. You may wish to check it out..
    Pam

Warchild, thanks for that information, I checked this out. The updates I can find are for the non HD version. There is an FDE updater program but it does find an update for any of the DC-10's. Anyhow I am happy with it now with these changes. They work fine for me and give me a realistic DC-10.

Members who have read this thread: 3