A2A Spitfire Mk I-II for P3Dv4 released

Thread: A2A Spitfire Mk I-II for P3Dv4 released

A2A Spitfire Mk I-II for P3Dv4 released

For as good as she looks and the quality of A2A products, another Spitfire...got the oldies from Real Air and recently from Just Flight and that's enough for me. Developers should try to diversify products. Why not a Japanese? Would love to buy a KI.84 or a Raiden, a Shinden a Hien, etc, etc.
    Regards

Well, it's not really a "new" plane. It's their FSX accusim Spitfire, upgraded to P3Dv4, with a few extra enhancements.

Despite the cost, I couldn't resist, I really like the A2A Spitfire. And I wasn't disappointed. All the accusim features from
    FSX seem to be working in P3Dv4. And as a bonus, all the repaints from FSX, including the great repaints by Jan Kees,
    seem to port over to P3Dv4 without any major problems - or at least any that I could see in a few quick flights.

With the accusim FSX Spitfire now brought over to P3Dv4, I hope this means that other accusim FSX planes will soon
    follow. I miss Heidi in P3Dv4, and sitting behind that big accusim Allison in their P40.

- RobM

Sorry, important point: if you've previously ordered from A2A, but haven't ordered anything in awhile, you may need to reset
    your A2A store account log in:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=23&t=63788

- RobM

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    For as good as she looks and the quality of A2A products, another Spitfire...got the oldies from Real Air and recently from Just Flight and that's enough for me.
    As stated above, it is not "another" Spitfire, it is the previous Accusim Spitfire that was not yet compatible with P3Dv4... until today.
    I'm glad the other Spits are enough for you, but for those who know Accusim, it's a different story. I'm really glad I can finally get my favorite Spitfire in my P3Dv4 hangar. P3Dv3 is one step closer from uninstall

Again, not a new release, the A2A Spit has been around for quite some time.
    Now updated for P3Dv4.
    I also have the RealAir Spitfire, which is a ton of fun but getting a little dated.
    If you prefer (as I do) a realistic flight model and engine/systems management A2A’s AccuSim birds are definitely #1 (IMHO).
    Not bashing anyone else’s products, so many amazing addons to choose from these days, but Accusim has brought simming to a whole new level.

Cheers, Bernard

excellent news indeed thank you

ive been waiting for this one to compliment the realair bird

*** and yes i know its not a new release however a p3dv4 portover and upgrade

Does this new Spit incorporate any of the new options present in the newer GA A2A stuff?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Mmmm, (almost) full price for an update, I think I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Noticed that myself. Maybe if it ever goes on sale I might (just 'might') consider it.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

It was the same policy also when they released their models for P3D (regardless of version). One had to buy them again. The Spitfire has never been released for P3D, it was basically an FSX product that happened to work also in P3D but not made for it. This is the first time it is officially released for any version of P3D. On the other hand, updates of their P3D licensed models for v4 was free of charge.

<Sigh> - remember the free patches to upgrade the WOP 2 Spitfire, Bf109 and P-51 from FS2004 to FSX before everything went all corporate? Still, as we know, P3D is not a hobby sim and we are all either developers or professionals (apart from the odd high school or undergraduate student...) Anyway, it is nice to have my favourite Spitfire back. I might have passed if not for the discount but in the end I just missed her too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    <Sigh> - remember the free patches to upgrade the WOP 2 Spitfire, Bf109 and P-51 from FS2004 to FSX before everything went all corporate? Still, as we know, P3D is not a hobby sim and we are all either developers or professionals (apart from the odd high school or undergraduate student...) Anyway, it is nice to have my favourite Spitfire back. I might have passed if not for the discount but in the end I just missed her too much.
    Updates for P3D products are free as well, just like the "good old times"
    However, if you have a product for FSX, you have to pay it again to get the P3D version of it.
    Once you have that P3D version, upgrades for it are free as they were for FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Updates for P3D products are free as well, just like the "good old times"
    However, if you have a product for FSX, you have to pay it again to get the P3D version of it.
    Once you have that P3D version, upgrades for it are free as they were for FSX.
    I know, I was just being wistful (it's my age ) and possibly a bit ungrateful -I'd count her worth it even without the discount

A2A is offering $10 off the Spit for a limited time.
    Also, if you have purchased other products directly from them in the past you will have earned some bonus “hours” towards future purchases.
    I had enough points to get the Spit for free.

I like the look of this a lot... but if they'd added more it'd make it a sure-fire purchase for me. TacPack (even if just guns), a Seafire version and/or a Photo Reconnaissance version (with functional cameras) would all have done it for me...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

not sure why people are complaining about the price, we were all forewarned well before the release.

its only $10 more than the AH version, the A2A has far more than $10 worth of features, and for the next month its almost the same price plus or minus a few dollars

for the certain members who questioned why the wait for this one or a general post saying that there was no sign of the A2A completion this year not that long ago, and persist in suggesting the AH purchase

its only Jun and its released

I'm not complaining about the price, I usually buy models to paint them, this one has been painted to my hearts content, and since this one contains no new features other than being usable in P3D, and requires additional payment, I'll pass. Had it been or included a Mk.V......
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I'm not complaining about the price, I usually buy models to paint them, this one has been painted to my hearts content, and since this one contains no new features other than being usable in P3D, and requires additional payment, I'll pass. Had it been or included a Mk.V......
    i wasnt referring to you

Hi, the functioning mirror is a surprise, are there any other features added to what we had with the FSX version?

For what it is worth, the JF/AH Spitfire Mk1 and Mk1A have had functioning mirrors since the day they were released.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    For what it is worth, the JF/AH Spitfire Mk1 and Mk1A have had functioning mirrors since the day they were released.
    Don't feed the Troll mate.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Mbudge View Post
    Hi, the functioning mirror is a surprise, are there any other features added to what we had with the FSX version?
    Not that I can see - full 64-bit compatibility but nothing visible. I would've liked the option of a DH constant speed prop as well as the bulbous Rotol MkII / Hurricane unit but there you go. I'll leave Baz to point out that the JF/AH MkI DOES have the DH CS prop, as well as a crackable cockpit door...

I dont have P3D v4, but I do run the FSX version in P3D v2.5. Are there any major differences between the 2 versions of the A2A Spitfire?
    Last edited by Browncoat; June 17th, 2018 at 12:54.

In case you missed this one, also (ofcourse) works also with the P3D version.
    See ->> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s-Beatrix-quot

Marcel

Members who have read this thread: 0