DCS World 2.5.2 Openbeta update - taking forever!!!!

Thread: DCS World 2.5.2 Openbeta update - taking forever!!!!

DCS World 2.5.2 Openbeta update - taking forever!!!!

Do any of you fine aviators know how to speed up the download process - my ADSL is averaging 17mbps download, however DCS update of 13Gb is torrenting at 1.5Kbps! with 35 peers.......

I've downloaded 12Gb of P3D in a couple of hours, but DCS will take weeks at this rate!

Is there some trick I'm missing, because I thought torrent would be quick!

I also tried the http method, but the disconnecting from swarm message stays put for hours and it never switches as far as I can tell.

Can't wait to try the Hornet and the Persian Gulf map having followed DCS for some time since Flanker

It's a big one David....I had 50 peers at the most when I was DL and it went faster but still took hours. Speaking of which...we should get you up for a MP session with my group of guys. would love to have you.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Yep, it takes that long ........

I had anywhere from say ~ 400 Kb/s to 1.8Mb/s ... then it would loose the connection

After a few hours I'd reconnect to the sever, it would do a scan of the files I'd already d/l and it would pick up from there.

Took 3/4 of a weekend it seems like.... wait until you buy the Nevada Test Range ... it's bigger than DCS ....

It sure is great after that, and I don't even know how to start'em up, change to a different "Skin" or even how to add bombs and stuff.

I watch a lot of You Tube videos .... Matt Wagner

https://www.youtube.com/user/wagmatt...able_polymer=1

Don

Thanks Flameout, I guess I'm just going to have to wait!

Even now its at 0.7Kb per second - so darn slow! My connection is way faster than that!

I found a quickstart guide to starting their A-10C which gave me lots of satisfaction when I got it right! So realistic having to wait for the INS to get it's fix etc - blows all the old sims out of the water.

I had Nevada on my old drive, unfortunately, I never used it much back then, however DCS seems to be improving so much that I bought the Nevada, Viggen, F-18C and the Persian Gulf just to get away from the Caucasus map which although up-to-date now in terms of graphics and topography has come from Flanker - still great to fly in though!

@Rick, yeah if I ever get it installed I would try multiplayer!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Thanks Flameout, I guess I'm just going to have to wait!

Even now its at 0.7Kb per second - so darn slow! My connection is way faster than that!

I found a quickstart guide to starting their A-10C which gave me lots of satisfaction when I got it right! So realistic having to wait for the INS to get it's fix etc - blows all the old sims out of the water.

I had Nevada on my old drive, unfortunately, I never used it much back then, however DCS seems to be improving so much that I bought the Nevada, Viggen, F-18C and the Persian Gulf just to get away from the Caucasus map which although up-to-date now in terms of graphics and topography has come from Flanker - still great to fly in though!

@Rick, yeah if I ever get it installed I would try multiplayer!
    Honestly...you may never go back! Our flight last night just before hitting the Tanker.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Sorry, I don't have an absolute solution, but something sounds really wrong with that speed. Have you tried shutting it down, resetting your connection etc. The download should resume from where it left off when you start again, so maybe just try refreshing everything.

I had a really slow speed when downloading the Persian Gulf update, but that turned out to be an over zealous ISP throttling my connection as they mistakenly thought I had gone over my limit. Their whole data network had gone haywire the day before, Australia wide, so I suppose something was miscalculated. Usually when torrenting I will get a speed of around 1.5MB/s.

If you haven't done already try posting on the DCS World forums.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Weird speeds!
    Using uTorrent and the NBN I was getting between 4 and 4.5MBS.
    And yes, you lot suckered me into giving this a run..........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Weird speeds!
    Using uTorrent and the NBN I was getting between 4 and 4.5MBS.
    And yes, you lot suckered me into giving this a run..........
    You won't regret it! and you will be hooked....hahaha
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I managed to get the files to download normally in the end by uninstalling Malwarebytes which was somehow interfering even though I had all protection turned off!

Now I've just got to update my nvidia, delete my shaders and whatever else it takes to get it to load up the flight!

Awesome shot 000rick000, about to start the process on my new rig now that P3D is basically working. The Hornet is buzzing my name!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    It's a big one David....I had 50 peers at the most when I was DL and it went faster but still took hours. Speaking of which...we should get you up for a MP session with my group of guys. would love to have you.
    Hey Rick, what server do you fly on?

Just been on Kirks Hangar, splashed a Red Mig - was fun, although I did try to bomb some ground units but made it back to the carrier with part of my wing missing, and enough bullet holes to cause the ground crew a few long days!

Members who have read this thread: 0