Bad sound in FSX:SE

Thread: Bad sound in FSX:SE

Bad sound in FSX:SE

I need some help! I recently had my old SSD drives replaced since they were showing lots of wear and 8 years old, so I have to reinstall everything. I have run FSX:SE (Windows 10) for a few years now with little problem, but now that I have reinstalled it the sound is very distorted and has lots of static. It sounds like the speakers are overdriven (but they aren't). I only have this problem with FSX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled more than once, and tried installing in a different partition. I have done the Steam file verification. Does anyone have a solution? I would appreciate it a lot!

Jerry

I had a similar experience in FS 9, which was then caused by the 'frame rate' slider in the unlimited position. With less (25 fps) sound was normal again.

Hope it helps ...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rokl57 View Post
    I had a similar experience in FS 9, which was then caused by the 'frame rate' slider in the unlimited position. With less (25 fps) sound was normal again.

Hope it helps ...

Rob
    Thanks a million for the suggestion, Rob. It didn't eliminate the problem completely, but it did cut the distortion to a tolerable level. I would have never thought of that! I'll keep messing with the sliders and see what happens. Thanks again.

Jerry

Members who have read this thread: 0