Where To Put AI Re-Paints

Thread: Where To Put AI Re-Paints

Blog Entries

Where To Put AI Re-Paints

Hi,
    I've downloaded a mission that requires installing re-paints for the AI B-17 Flying Fortress but I can't find which folder to put them in, I know it will be obvious to most but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ian

<Your DCS Install folder>...\Bazar\Liveries\<B-17 folder>

I believe you need to own the WWII asset pack for it to work as well. Just FYI.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rick, I do have the WWII assets pack, but I don't have a folder called B-17, that's the problem. The B-17 does show up in missions though, that's why I'm at a bit of a loss over this!

Regards,
    Ian

Find where the WWII asset pack is installed. look for the B-17 folder in there. You need to identify the Liveries Folder that is being used in the stock folder. Then in the folder I referenced above, place your additional liveries. You need to create a new folder there with the same name as the one the stock ones are found in. I would do a Search of your DCS folder for "B-17".
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Speaking of which, I have the new freeware HMS Hermes and B-29 AI models, I have tried to get them working but as DCS has been updated past 2.5, it seems most of the installation instructions in their forums don't apply now (thus I can't get them working). I hate that most of the user downloads don't have installation instructions but then again, I take note that a number of DCS users have different install setups and other programs to handle.install user addons. Any ideas?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

most of these "mods" require use of an addon manager such as JSGME or OVGME.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0