Marco On The Pole For Race #1

Thread: Marco On The Pole For Race #1

Lightbulb Marco On The Pole For Race #1

I bet "happy" is an understatement for Marco here!
    http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/...%20results.pdf

Seems like Indy cars are making a bigger splash than other series (nascar self destructing, F1 is who spends the most dollars, etc.)

McClaren is meeting this weekend with Andretti to discuss a full time entry. The Indy car field is pretty level if you look at the qualification times this weekend.

The only time we get to 'hear' anything about Indycar, EffWun or MotoGP is when our Aussies win!
    And of course, if there is a big incident or a death.
    I refer of course to the 'Media'.
    I've noticed that Indycar has a certain following among the general enthusiast population, but other than that lot and the hard core Indy groups it is still a minority.
    Me, I was a rabid fanatic during the CART years until Tony George screwed the series up, then followed the Panoz series with enthusiasm until it fell over.
    I just do not like the present cars, so I only keep track of the series because of the resident ANZAC drivers.
    FTA networks ignore Indy and Pay TV rebroadcast the US coverage.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. Galax GeForce GTX 1080 HOF 8GB x2 SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Me, I was a rabid fanatic during the CART years until Tony George screwed the series up, then followed the Panoz series with enthusiasm until it fell over.
    I just do not like the present cars,
    The present (Dan Wheldon) cars a MUCH better than the Tony George era cars though...

Members who have read this thread: 19