EDGT Bottenhorn released

Thread: EDGT Bottenhorn released

EDGT Bottenhorn released

FSX/P3D EDGT Bottenhorn released!

Hello.

I would like to inform you briefly that there is a new freeware, it concerns the airfield EDGT Bottenhorn in Germany (Hessen):

EDGT Bottenhorn Download
    Manual Bottenhorn

If you use the FSX or the P3D v4, you can download the scenery directly from the download page. Prior registration is not necessary, the downloads are all barrier-free. The P3D v3 version is offered as a zip archive, please send me an e-mail here.

For the first time in one of my scenerys there are animated animals: The Bahrometrix Living Animals. They will complement the animated people (Living People). The deer included in the package runs around the airfield, so please be careful during takeoffs and landings

The avatar Gerhard included in the package got new animations. In addition to new animations for swimming, walking, running etc, a tiger jump was programmed into the avatar. Many thanks to the test team and the photographer who provided his photos from the Bottenhorn airfield to the project. Without these great people, Bottenhorn would only be half as good :-)

Pictures from P3D v4

Features
    - ORBX color-matched orthophoto 15cm/px with all seasonal variations
    - Volumetric grass with seasonal variations (switched automatically)
    - Seasonal buildings and objects (switch automatically)
    - All buildings of the airfield with many details as well as static objects
    - Dynamic lights with natural shades (warm white)
    - Slopeed runway, adjusted to 19m mesh setting
    - SODE-controlled wind objects (wind turbines and wind vanes)
    - sporadically occurring deer on the runway and the terrain
    - Soundscape in the form of natural sounds
    - Controllable avatar Gerhard
    - Animated People (Living People)
    - Animated animals (Living Animals)
    - Self-created Aerodrome Chart and Visual Operation Chart
    - Scenery Configurator LITE from 29Palms Scenery Design

Orthophotos: (c) Office for Soil Management Marburg 2018
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails titelbild_downloadseite.jpg   edgt_avatar_gerhard.jpg   edgt_abends.jpg  
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Hi Christian.

This looks really good but unfortunately I'm finding it impossible to download. It's actually the FSX version I'm trying for, but the direct download link fails every time at about 67%, and I keep getting a failed download even with a download manager, with no option of resume. Any chance the problem might be with the file at your end?

Regards,

A.

Im having the same problem................

Blog Entries
    It seems to be downloading fine for me.

Many thanks for sharing your work Christian, it looks really good.

Regards,
    Ian

OKAY....all a bit odd, but got it!

I was trying to download in Edge, getting a speed of ~800kb/s but then a constant fail at 67% (the 1Gb download point).

I tried this time in Chrome and was immediately getting 3-4 times the download speed - until the 1Gb download point. It then suddenly dropped to a very erratic 500-800 kb/s but did succeed in completing (!)

For anyone else having problems, I suggest you try downloading in Chrome. Or maybe any browser other than Edge....

Now looking forward to trying the scenery,

Thanks Christian.

A.

FSX version - use the right click and Save_as function, that gets it.

Another fine scenery, thanks very much.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Yes, it is a really sophisticated airfield with nice surprises. A great job.

Many thanks to Christian

Thomas

Many thanks to you. I wish a lot of fun with the scenery.

What is the download problems, I can not say exactly. In any case there is no limit, the data traffic is not limited. The first published version 1.00 had produced a number of about 3000 hits and a traffic of 1.4 Terabytes. Since it is not completely excluded that it came at peak times to an overload of the server.

Maybe it helps if you empty the history., because something had read somewhere that the download then breaks off again and again in one and the same place. But as soon as you empty the history., the download is executed without errors. That the download aborts from 1Gbyte, but I had already read. Maybe it was, as I said, a temporary overload of the server within a certain period of time. We are sorry for these circumstances.
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

www.bahrometrix.de

Really lovely little airfield. It's encouraged me to rediscover my ultralights:

Thanks again Christian.

Cheers, A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDGT Bottenhorn 1.jpg  

Very nice screenshot!
    regards
    Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

Sea King from NATC Patuxent River, paying a visit! Nice scenery! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EDGT.jpg  

Found this on YouTube https://youtu.be/4rHKu09lD1s

Yes, the video is known. It shows the first (not published) Version of Bottenhorn. The video was created using the SimDirector of the P3D.

Your picture with the helicopter looks very good, you can hardly tell if it is a picture from the simulator or if it is real.
    regards
    Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

Members who have read this thread: 0