On the basis of some views in other forums (P3D) and an email from REX thought I would update my basic REX weather and texture system with SKYFORCE, noting that it only does clouds and skies not water. I can say I am not disappointed with the overall outcome which is a lot better and I like the cloud system and outcome on my system. There was some discussion about the REX weather engine being much improved. I found previous versions created a serious overhead and ran unwarranted inteference on my sim when it was running so I turned it off and use the textures and FSXWX as my weather engine.

On my low end system there is an improvement using the new engine but it still has too much background stuff happening for my liking and still at time nearly brought FSX to a halt well a serious crawl anyway. So turned it off and it the dynamic sky and clouds were just fine with FSXWX so that is good.

I personally think all the addon goodies in SKYFORCE are not required in flight, glitzy charts etc etc. In the real world you get the weather before you go, you take it as it comes, good and bad and if serious here and there get updates or amended weather as needed. So from that perspective the continuous dynamic monitoring etc is just a waste of time and PC power.

I do think there is a marked improvement in the texture display and load and I would say there is an improvement in performance for really heavy cloud skies at low and mid levels and I think it is pretty good. Still cannot give them top marks for the weather engine not on my memory stretched system anyway.

Just a few thoughts for those interested.