Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle released.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle released.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Fly's great too!! Real World power settings and handling characteristics are well modeled. Well worth the wait! Anyone who appreciated the FS9 Flight1 421 Golden Eagle will really enjoy getting into this one. I hope the painters go crazy over this Cessna Classic! So many beautiful schemes to choose from. Probably the nicest cabin class twin produced in its era.

What size are the mdl files and how are fps? Too many problems with Carenado aircraft to want to try this on blind faith.

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    What size are the mdl files and how are fps? Too many problems with Carenado aircraft to want to try this on blind faith.
    Aircraft model file size is over 50mb, but the cockpit mdl are over 100mb.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    Aircraft model file size is over 50mb, but the cockpit mdl are over 100mb.
    Thanks for checking for me! Looks like I am screwed with them as well as Carenado. Oh well.

theseare the file sizes as shown in the model folder

c421.MDL 53364KB
    c421_interior.MDL 53159KB
    c421_interiorx64.MDL 110577KB

standard interior model is set to c421_interior.mdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    theseare the file sizes as shown in the model folder

c421.MDL 53364KB
    c421_interior.MDL 53159KB
    c421_interiorx64.MDL 110577KB

standard interior model is set to c421_interior.mdl
    You probably have FSX version installed? I have p3d v4, my interior models are all over 100mb

alabeo C421 C GOLDEN EAGLE FSX/P3D

has anyone tried this yet?

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

This was my first ever MSFS purchase in FS2002 from Flight 1. Loved that so much I will have to get this too.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Interesting. Looks like Alabeo/Carenado do not understand the differences between a Stormscope and a weather radar system. The cockpit display appears to be a 3M WX-11 Stormscope, yet it produces a sweeping, weather radar image.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Didn't quite escape.
    Or, because you can't tell the position of lightning strikes in FSX, but you can tell the position of clouds and precipitation with certain weather generation systems, they made it do something in the sim that actually has a function?

Don't have it, so can't say, but it's a thought...

Ian P.

Anyone know of a Cape Air livery for this aircraft?

LouP

Very few repaints for this bird period. Carenado doesn't make repainting easy of course. I think this C421 is really terrific + wish they would add the B model with the tip tanks. Replaces the RealAir B60 Duke for my hot piston twin go-to aircraft. Of course Cape Air flies Cessna 402's with different engines and square shaped (non pressurized) windows.

Found some Venezuelan paints here for the Golden Eagle that are well done: http://flightsimulatorvenezuela.blog...search?q=eagle
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

If you want to fly Cape Air 402C's, then there is the Flysimware 402C and there is a Cape Air repaint available for it.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks, I knew about the 402 being the Cape Air planes and don't know why my mind shifted over to the 421. Must be getting old lol I live in the Boston area and it blows me away sometime how many of these I see leaving Logan and heading south. Am I the only one that drives to the Cape these days? lol

LouP

The Alabeo 421 is one of the finest (Non-Accusimmed) airplanes available. It Fly's 'book' numbers beautifully and is modeled as nice as anything I can think of. I hope others with a liking for modern-classic cabin class twins feel the same. I agree this airplane isn't getting the Love with repaints. It is a shame Carenado/Alabeo don't listen to the community and fix the way they do things so painters can go nuts! I truly think that has to make a difference in sales as well.

I call BS in reference about painting these releases, theres 1000s of paints for recent Carenado and Alabeo models

if anything they are 100 times easier to paint now than 3 plus years ago

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I call BS in reference about painting these releases, theres 1000s of paints for recent Carenado and Alabeo models

I take his word on this one. :-)

LouP

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to achieve the second sentence...

Ian P.

This plane screams to be upgraded to the G600 avionics pack.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    This plane screams to be upgraded to the G600 avionics pack.
    The 'mod squad' have been busy with GTN 750 integration if that's of any interest...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...ration/?page=4

EDit: Sorry, scrub that ryan - thats the mod for the Alabeo CJ2 Citation - I own both.

You're right the Eagle could do with something along those lines.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Anyone know of a Cape Air livery for this aircraft?

LouP
    Try asking here> https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/6...support-forum/

there are many repainters who pick up requests or try the facebook fsx or p3d groups, theres a lot of painters on those who are willing to do paints

me, i dont have the model as i have no interest in any 421

Thanks Matt, but I forgot the Cape Air planes around here are actually C402s. Maybe there will be one of those popping up soon. I may have a closer look at the Flysimware 402.

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0