Creating AI Traffic

Thread: Creating AI Traffic

Creating AI Traffic

Is there an easy way to add AI traffic? I don't want anything too demanding, just a few light a/c at small airfields. I could manage Traffic Tools in FS2004, but the added complexities of AIFP in FSX make my brain hurt. I understand that trying to mix traffic files between the two sims leads to disaster, but will TT work in FSX as long as I compile everything from within FSX?

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

As long as you have the TT for FSX. If you installed from the disks, the SDK comes with it.
    If you are using FSX:SE, you'll need to download and install the P3D SDK v1.4 to use. It works extremely well for FSX in general, too, if you'd rather.
    I can provide you a link to the SDK, and the install instructions if you desire. Let me know.

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

My prefer'd way is to make up basic traffic file's with TT and save to desk top, the fire up AIFP, select open up traffic file, make sure FSX is selected in the "Target FS version" box and and then use "Compile and Save" function at bottom of screen. An FSX ready traffic file is then sent to FSX/Scenery/World/scenery folder, and your ready to go.

If randomness is a desired quality, the TrafficDatabaseBuilder utility from the FSX/P3D SDKs is perfect to fill the skies.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...BuilderUtility

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    My prefer'd way is to make up basic traffic file's with TT and save to desk top, the fire up AIFP, select open up traffic file, make sure FSX is selected in the "Target FS version" box and and then use "Compile and Save" function at bottom of screen. An FSX ready traffic file is then sent to FSX/Scenery/World/scenery folder, and your ready to go.
    I basically use this procedure except I use notepad to create the aircraft, airport and flight plan files. Open the flight plan file in AIFP3
    and compile. Works well in P3Dv4.2.

Thank you. So the simplest way, given that I am familiar with TT, or used to be, would be to us that and then AIFP do do the actual compiling and converting for FSX.

I'm not after random, thank you, Bjoern. I have Traffic 360, and just want to add a few light a/c around the airfields I like to use.

Hello!

you might want to have a go at Airport AI Enhancer (just google it).
    It gives you the means to create AI traffic for any airports, to any destination with any installed aircraft.
    And the user interface is pretty straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I'm not after random, thank you, Bjoern. I have Traffic 360, and just want to add a few light a/c around the airfields I like to use.
    That's exactly what TDBB can do. You define an aircraft list with some properties like minimum and maximum flight length, min and max cruise altitude, IFR percentage and required runway length and TBDD will generate flightplans from an airfield database that you generate based on your installed sceneries. The only drawbacks are that the airfields need to have available parking space, there is no geographical assignment for liveries and that you'll need an exclude list to keep them out of major airports.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Thank you. So the simplest way, given that I am familiar with TT, or used to be, would be to us that and then AIFP do do the actual compiling and converting for FSX.

AIFP can do it all for you, pretty straight forward to quickly make flightplans. You can save the text files and work them in Notepad if you were good with TT. It will also find repaints for your flightplans if downloaded from AIG, I only recently started using this feature as the majority of my AI are military. I've got the major airlines/cargo and many corporate stuff added in, which explains why my systems takes forever to load!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

…..and it's very addictive - although I can give it up any time I like.....

Dave

Well, I couldn't persuade TTools to work because it wanted to compile a list of airports in FS2004 and not FSX. I found tutorials for AIFP, but they were for previous versions. Still, I've muddled through and have got an AI a/c to fly, so I am making progress. Two quick questions:

(i) Will AIFP only recognise dedicated AI a/c? So far I have the default Cherokee working, but can't see the Cub. This isn't very important because I have plenty of FTX and JF AI to use anyway

(ii) So far I can't see all of my airports. I can use Shoreham but not Goodwood, for instance. Is this just a matter of more careful selection from the list?

Thanks for the help so far,

David

i) You can use both UI and AI to make flightplans, outside of those default aircraft most user flyable models do not work well as AI on top of the framerate hit.

ii) Did you do an initial "Collect Airport Data"? I have many fake airports for MAIW AI to use as waypoints, those work fine in the text, but building a new FP I have to input the airport data.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Well, this is annoying. After setting up a few simple flights with Cherokees I got a bit more ambitious, and used the AI Rapide from the ACG Duxford to do a vintage sightseeing trip from Exeter to Plymouth, Land's End, The Scilly Isles and back.Fine - I set it going and watch it flying, but guess what happens at Plymouth? There on the runway is a Beaver floatplane, which obviously isn't going to be able to take off, so my poor Rapide is told to go round twice and then simply vanishes. Who on earth set up default AI to fly floatplanes from land airfields?

Nil carborundum, I suppose.

David

Members who have read this thread: 0