Bristol Blenheim release thread by Baldy! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bristol Blenheim release thread by Baldy!

Much appreciated Baldy and Uncletgt. It must take a great deal of time and energy to complete a project like this. Thank you for sharing your work for us to enjoy.

msfossey

Yet another Blenheim modification

At the risk of overwhelming you all with too much Blenheim-ing Uncle and I have made another version of the MkIV bomber - this time the late model which sported a twin .303 turret in place of the single gun version

to add this turret to your existing MkIV model all you need are the files found in this zip file - there's a readme to explain

MkIV late model bits.zip

my apologies to everyone who thinks I've let this run away with me but once started it sorta developed a mind of its own

cheers

Baldy

Note to Rami: perhaps you could add this zip to existing package, thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MkIV late model.jpg  
    Last edited by baldy; June 11th, 2018 at 00:27. Reason: addition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

close up

A closer view ...

... the thread that keeps on giving...

... and there's more on the way ... spoiler alert

Icon28 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Oh come on, you're such a prop tease!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

kind of

Ian,

Sort of, it's just Mike's no chin turret Blenheim mkIV dressed up with new paint & air & dp so it looks like one. Rivet counters like us would see the differences, but hey, it's a combat sim & "close enough for Government work"

Bristol_Blenheim_MkIV_no_chin.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: Note: This package was uploaded on 11 June, 2018 as a separate model package to lessen confusion with the many variants of the Blenheim model series. Accordingly, this is the "no chin turret" model.

Even before war broke out it was realised that the Blenheim Mk. I had severe shortcomings in regard to speed, defensive armament, and all-round performance. In an effort to solve these problems, several changes took place - the most obvious being the lengthened nose which created a bomb-aimer/navigator position, the firepower in the dorsal turret was increased by replacing a single Vickers K gun with twin Browning belt-fed machine guns. (Still .303)

Despite these efforts the new Mk. IV showed itself to be just as vunerable as the earlier version on contact with the enemy. Blenheim bomber squadrons suffered many casualties on ops against German forces in France, and against targets in Germany and the North Sea area. However, until better aircraft came on stream, Blenheims continued to be used in Europe, the Middle East, and the Far East theatres until 1943.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bristol_Blenheim_MkIV_no_chin.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Bristol_Blenheim_MkIV_late_model.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: Note: This package was uploaded on 11 June, 2018 as a separate model package to lessen confusion with the many variants of the Blenheim model series. Accordingly, this is the "late" model with the dual-gun chin turret.

Even before war broke out it was realized that the Blenheim Mk. I had severe shortcomings in regard to speed, defensive armament, and all-round performance. In an effort to solve these problems, several changes took place - the most obvious being the lengthened nose which created a bomb-aimer/navigator position, the firepower in the dorsal turret was increased by replacing the single Vickers K gun with twin Browning belt-fed machine guns (still .303) and later a single Browning in a rear-facing chin turret was added. This was later replaced with a twin .303 turret.

Despite these efforts the new Mk. IV showed itself to be just as vulnerable as the earlier version on contact with the enemy. Blenheim bomber squadrons suffered many casualties on ops against German forces in France, and against targets in Germany and the North Sea area. However, until better aircraft came on stream, Blenheims continued to be used in Europe, the Middle East, and the Far East theatres until 1943.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bristol_Blenheim_MkIV_late_model.zip

Bristol_Blenheim_MkI_one_gun.zip

Description: Note: This package was uploaded on 11 June, 2018 as a separate model package to lessen confusion with the many variants of the Blenheim model series. Accordingly, this is the "single gun" model of the MkI.

Twin-engined aircraft designed before the war as fast. light bomber, unfortunately when war broke out fighter technology had overtaken the Blenheim leaving it at the mercy of enemy a/c. In the absence of better aircraft it had to soldier on for some years until replaced. Blenheims served with several air forces and in the European, Middle Eastern and Far Eastern theatres of war.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bristol_Blenheim_MkI_one_gun.zip

Icon22 Reply...

Baldy,

I hope you don't mind, but the model variations were getting very confusing, so I took the liberty of separating them out, and uploaded the packages. If you want to change the screenshots so they match appropriately, post new screenies in this thread and I will make the appropriate adjustments.

(Don't worry about the space, we have plenty)

I also made an adjustment to the MISC_DATA section in the MkIV model, the entries were done in another unit of measure other than km/h and meters.
    "Rami"

Blenheim variations

Hi Rami

I think you did the right thing - even me and Uncle were getting in a bit of a twist - guess we got carried away with trying to offer all the variations

here are pics of the three models of the MkIV bomber showing the different turret arrangements

hope this makes it less baffling

baldy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MkIV 1st model.jpg   MkIV 2nd model.jpg   MkIV late model.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Nice, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by baldy View Post
    This skin is not included in any package. Will it be released with an upcoming skin pack?

Roxanne,

Working my way through them now, not much longer to wait

Baldy Bolingbroke UT.zip

Description: Baldy Bristol Bolingbroke by UncleTgt

This is an approximation of the Bristol Bolingbroke, making use of Baldy's latest Blenheim Mk. IV (No chin guns) model for CFS 2. This is a complete aircraft.

A new airfile has been developed & the dp file uses weapons from Padbury's Battle/Defiant, PStrany's Hudson, Bismark 13's Beaufighter packages, as well as Shessi's Brit 250lb DC.

The 2D panel has been tweaked & is now WIN 7 friendly.

The dp file also makes use of kelticheart's exhaust effects.

The texture offered is: 10000 5th Bombing & Gunnery School, Dafoe, Saskatchewan.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Baldy for a great series of aircraft models.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

JUN 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Bolingbroke UT.zip

Baldy Bolingbroke skinpack UT.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Bristol Bolingbroke Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the Bristol Bolingbroke made by Baldy for CFS2.

The textures are: 9033 AN - E 13(OT) sqn RCAF, Patricia Bay British Columbia, circa September 1941.

714 DM - L 119(BR) sqn RCAF, Yarmouth Nova Scotia, circa October 1941.

9048 YO - T 8(BR) sqn RCAF, Anchorage Alaska, circa June 1942.

9140 - P 115(BR) sqn RCAF, Patricia Bay British Columbia, circa August 1943.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Baldy for another unusual aircraft.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

JUN2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Bolingbroke skinpack UT.zip

Thank you once again Baldy and UncleTgt! These birds are near perfect!!!

Here is a comparison of the frame rates I get with the new Blenheim versus Thicko's model and stock B-25D. Of course the new one hits frame rate harder than the stock B-25D, but it is a great improvement over Thicko's Blenheim.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FPS-Blenheim-Thicko.jpg   FPS-Blenheim-Baldy.jpg   FPS-Stock-B25.jpg  

Roxane-21 & Ravenna

Readmes almost done, expect to see a flurry of mkIV skinpacks in the coming days ....

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!!!

Reply...

Baldy,

I officially switched over today to your Blenheim models for the Battle of France. Your models are outstanding; thanks for all of the hard work you and your team put into this!
    "Rami"

Members who have read this thread: 1