CFS 3 Slow Video speed

Thread: CFS 3 Slow Video speed

CFS 3 Slow Video speed

Can anyone help me with a sudden slow down in the speed of the game video speed. For example, if I am doing 300kts at 100ft in a spitfire it looks as if I am doing about 150kts with the rate of the scenery going past! This happens across all aircraft and all mission or free flight selections. Not sure if this a game problem or computer problem.
    All help would be most appreciated.

It could just be something like a Windows Update tying your system up that will go away when it finishes.

Try hitting the Z key and see what FPS you're getting.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks very much. The FPS is 59.85 with the antivirus and windows updates off. What FPS should I be looking for?
    Cheers

That looks like you have VSync turned on, so you're running at "full speed". Does the problem continue after you've rebooted the computer?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I wish I had turned VSync off earlier. My FPS was in the 50's & 60's, now it's 130+ with texture/performance improvement across the board!

VSync turned on

Morning all,excuse my ignorance but where do you find the VSync,never heard of it,how does it affect the frame rate,
    Thanks,
    alcanallen.

VSync is turned on through the video card's control panel or helper programs like Nvidia Inspector. Some games allow you the option to turn this on or off as well.

It's designed to prevent the tearing that you would see if the image changes in the middle of a scan. It restricts the transmission of the next screen to the monitor so that it only occurs when the scan is switching from the bottom row back to the top. For traditional monitors that happens 60 times per second. If the cpu / gpu can create frames faster than that the extras are discarded.

While it eliminates the visual effect of tearing, it can also introduce lag. That's the time between when you input a mouse click or movement, and when it shows up on the screen (everything that continued to happen during the thrown away frames).

Here's a page where you can see what tearing looks like. https://www.testufo.com/stutter#demo...000000&pps=720
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hi There, have been away for a few days and just catching up. The settings in my Nvidia inspector CFS3, Sync and refresh; Vertical Sync - Force off. Verical Sync smooth AFR behavior- Off. Verical Sync Tear control - Adaptive. Would these be the right settings? I am about to give it a test and will get back.

Ok, so the frame rate has increased to 80 not 130+ that foo fighter achieved. And still unrealistically slow. Is there anything else I could do? the problem continues after reboot also.

At 80 FPS it sounds like the game is running as it should.

To know for sure what speed you're really making versus what it feels like would take measuring the time it takes to cover a known distance between two points. Make a flying start and hold a steady course and speed.

That moves us to the matter of actual versus perceived speed.

Did the game speed used to feel faster, and what may have changed since then?

Are you looking at it with the same level of zoom / field of view that you used to? (A more magnified, or zoomed in view will feel slower)

Because of the interruptions to your feeling of continuous motion, micro-stuttering or uneven frame pacing can make the speed seem slower.

The direction you're looking makes a difference too. Straight ahead always looks slower that looking off to the side.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I have recently installed a updated Nvidia graphics Driver 397.64. It seems to have slowed down since then. Will have a look at that.
    Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0