SBD dive brakes

Thread: SBD dive brakes

SBD dive brakes

I am flying some old coral sea missions using the AF_SBD-3. I assumed all the CFS 2 Dauntless had operating dive brakes(D key) like the flaps (F key)?
    Am I having a senor moment?

My setup uses assigns the / key for dive brakes.

HP: You have the right (CFS2 default) keys, but the setup for that plane may be different. Suggest you re-read the download's attachments or hit the C key once for Checklist data, or twice for Notes. Something may be written in there.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks guy. I will go back and check. Hard to dive bomb anyway with dive brakes-- without --WORSE

The old AF_SBD-3 Dauntless apparently has no a/c .cfg to accommodate dive brakes and it is in all the Coral Sea Missions that I think were Talon's.
    FGDG_SBD-3 Dauntless has operating dive flaps under the "D" key as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    ...FGDG_SBD-3 Dauntless has operating dive flaps under the "D" key as I thought.
    ... was gonna be my next suggestion Or perhaps one of the FDG "F-4F3/4 Pack: and substitute in all missions. Having the "Pack" will give you the aircraft, necessary for much of my early war campaigns too. You have to keep in mind that our collection of aircraft, here at SOH, has evolved greatly since the AF_SBD came out.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Shadow wolf I know.
    I am going to try my hand at using Morten's MK_CFS2_Utility v2 to swap out the AF_ aircraft for new versions. Not ever used it before but will give it a try after this weekend.

Hi Highpockets,

The A/C config file has nothing to do with (spoilers) Dive Brakes. That entry is in the Air file.

My AF SBD-3 works fine. You could copy the stock (OH) airfile and rename it .

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Members who have read this thread: 0