Glacier Bay FS2004 texture problem

Thread: Glacier Bay FS2004 texture problem

Glacier Bay FS2004 texture problem

The screen-shot of Haines, PAHN is self-explanatory. All the Glacier Bay airports are affected.

I have re-installed the scenery in case of corrupted files but no difference. I am running Windows 7 x64.

I previously un-installed Tongass Fjord and Misty Moorings, perhaps this has something to do with it.

I'd be grateful for advice on how to fix this. Thanks!

John

Sorry, I can't see a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Sorry, I can't see a screenshot.
    Very strange! Can you see this?

Yes, I can see it.

Looks like the textures for these objects are either missing or installed in the wrong directory. Some sceneries want textures put into the fs9/texture folder. However, as you de-installed Tongass Fjord and Misty Moorings before experiencing this, the textures are likely in those sceneries. Try re-installing both Tongass Fjord and Misty Moorings, and if you have te textures back, just deactivate them in the FS9 scenery library instead of deinstalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Yes, I can see it.

Looks like the textures for these objects are either missing or installed in the wrong directory. Some sceneries want textures put into the fs9/texture folder. However, as you de-installed Tongass Fjord and Misty Moorings before experiencing this, the textures are likely in those sceneries. Try re-installing both Tongass Fjord and Misty Moorings, and if you have te textures back, just deactivate them in the FS9 scenery library instead of deinstalling.
    How right you were! I installed Tongass Fjords and copied all its textures with all the Glacier Bay textures into the FS9/texture folder, and, Bob's yer Uncle! Lovely.

Just one last thing, what do you mean by deactivating the textures in the Scenery Library?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I think he means to go into the scenery library where the list of all installed sceries is. There will be red X's next to the active ones. He wants you to un-(X) the ones you don't want active, but leave them installed.

Ah, yes! Of course. A much better idea than uninstalling. Leaves the textures in place.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    How right you were! I installed Tongass Fjords and copied all its textures with all the Glacier Bay textures into the FS9/texture folder, and, Bob's yer Uncle! Lovely.

Just one last thing, what do you mean by deactivating the textures in the Scenery Library?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Glad to hear it's worked out!

Members who have read this thread: 0