Poor Man's Police Scanner on PC

Thread: Poor Man's Police Scanner on PC

Icon15 Poor Man's Police Scanner on PC

Radio hobby is universal.

In my video you see here is nothing fancy all unedited and I'm just yammering. I sound Oklahoman. The main focus is another aspect of my radio hobby is monitoring public service without spending 2 arms and 4 legs for a pricey scanner. The price? NooElec NESDR Smart $27 and the flightaware prostick $17 comes to nearly $50. The unitrunker software is freeware. Takes two software defined radios to make this happen.

One SDR sits on a fixed frequency which is called the control channel. Unitrunker decodes the stream from the data flowing in through the antenna. It translates that data into instructions telling the voice radio, the second SDR, what frequency to tune to. All of it is random. The purpose here is to follow the radio communication seamlessly so we pause it on 1 talk group to monitor its traffic.

$550-$1000 savings.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot2017 View Post

Radio hobby is universal.

In my video you see here is nothing fancy all unedited and I'm just yammering. I sound Oklahoman. The main focus is another aspect of my radio hobby is monitoring public service without spending 2 arms and 4 legs for a pricey scanner. The price? NooElec NESDR Smart $27 and the flightaware prostick $17 comes to nearly $50. The unitrunker software is freeware. Takes two software defined radios to make this happen.

One SDR sits on a fixed frequency which is called the control channel. Unitrunker decodes the stream from the data flowing in through the antenna. It translates that data into instructions telling the voice radio, the second SDR, what frequency to tune to. All of it is random. The purpose here is to follow the radio communication seamlessly so we pause it on 1 talk group to monitor its traffic.

$550-$1000 savings.

In my area, the police freqs are scrambled and I think a lot of other areas are getting that way.

Members who have read this thread: 0