RTL1090 ADS-B At Home "Radar" Hobby

Thread: RTL1090 ADS-B At Home "Radar" Hobby

Icon26 RTL1090 ADS-B At Home "Radar" Hobby

What you see here in the image is RTL1090 software that 'sees' any aircraft transmitting full Mode-S output from the aircraft. It can be any type and variant of aircraft flown equipped with the ADS-B hardware (2020 FAA future requirement). The hardware I use is the Flightaware ProStick (Orange) https://flightaware.com/adsb/prostick/

I usually get a 70nm egg shaped pattern, indoor antenna, toward the east to north east. Traffic flow varies hour by hour and day by day. 1-22 planes any given time.

I mentioned about it in another post a few days ago and wanted to share a little about it here in the hobby section.

It's a inexpensive hobby I encourage enthusiasts that have dual hobby's like me, flight sim and radio enthusiasts. When i say radio enthusiasts I am referring to the whole spectrum 40khz through 2 ghz plus.

ADS-B center frequency is 1090mhz or 1.09ghz. It has a 2mhz wide band pass. It won't work with any type of radio scanner in existence. It must be a software defined radio because SDR is very friendly to wide banded signals. Typical range on the ground is 300 miles using a omni-directional antenna 60 ft agl.

If you're interested and need help please reply. If you already have the hobby let's share.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adsb.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0