Morton revisited

Thread: Morton revisited

Morton revisited

Hi all,
    I dont do much CFS2 stuff for the moment. Other things got priority. However, as I see new members (thank God) join the only true CFS2 forum and keep it alive, I just want to point out all the panels, skins and AC I produced over the years:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TMxclRjb2txY0E

Most of them cost me a lot of hours so it's nice to know some of them will be reused by new and old CFS2 pilots. (You will find most of it in the CFS2 downloads too)

Have fun.

Use your skins often Morton, they are works of art. Thank you for all your time and effort you put into your them.

msfossey

You are well at the top of the list sir........
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Hey Morton --

A lot of your excellent skins for the PTO work well in FS9 too, the Alpha Beaufighters, Simtech Do-335 Arrow... etc. IMO, very realistic and historically correct too. Beautifully executed.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Wonderful collection of treasures Morton. I am restocking my cfs2 installs and went to your site to download your files. My old XP system had no trouble allowing me to delete the jpg extension, but now deleting the extension (leaving a zip extension) leaves me with a zip file which will not open. I keep getting a winzip message telling me that the file may be corrupted, which clearly is not the case. I have downloaded most of your zip files from the Outhouse library, but it would be good to work out a way to open the files from your Google site.
    Thanks for all your great work.

Morton Revisited

I have the same problem, on both my XP laptop and Win 7 desktop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Wonderful collection of treasures Morton. I am restocking my cfs2 installs and went to your site to download your files. My old XP system had no trouble allowing me to delete the jpg extension, but now deleting the extension (leaving a zip extension) leaves me with a zip file which will not open. I keep getting a winzip message telling me that the file may be corrupted, which clearly is not the case. I have downloaded most of your zip files from the Outhouse library, but it would be good to work out a way to open the files from your Google site.

SOH-CM-2024

Morton Revisited

Hi Folks , Funny thing about the last two threads !!!

I have exactly the same problem and in the end I thought it was just me being a dumkopf , apparently it's not just me.

And I think in all honesty that "Morton " does have the best cockpits and certainly the best repaints !!!~!!!

Regards to all and in particular Morton ,

Hi Ravenna, and the other gents with this issue.
    Download and install 7 zip. https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    Top two, 32 bit or 64 depending on your operating system.

After renaming Morton's file extension to zip from jpeg,

right click on the folder, 7 zip should show and choose " extract files ".

Mi Soft Windows zip utility can not read these zips, hence the error message.

Cheerz,
    Dave

Thanks DV,
    Giving it a go now.
    Cheers

Thanks Morton,

Still love your great work! Thanks for sharing!

hertzie

Morton,

I also still use your aircraft and panels.

My preference for building missions and campaigns is to use MK_ whenever possible.

Your stuff will be around for quite some time to come.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hi Ravenna, and the other gents with this issue.
    Download and install 7 zip. https://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    Top two, 32 bit or 64 depending on your operating system.

After renaming Morton's file extension to zip from jpeg,

right click on the folder, 7 zip should show and choose " extract files ".

Mi Soft Windows zip utility can not read these zips, hence the error message.

Cheerz,
    Dave
    Thanks Dave.
    Some progress with opening these files using 7 Zip. I haven't used Mi Soft zip utility, just Winzip.

Unfortunately, Winzip doesn't seem to be able to read them either. 7 Zip worked, but it seems to be messing with my library of winzip files. When I try to unzip one of them the 7 Zip prog kicks in.

Thanks all! Good to hear.
    I didn't know unpacking these files created a problem. Maybe it's because I always used the WinRAR Archiver? You can try. According to the download web sites WinRAR is limited to a 40 day trial period, but it has always worked beyond that for an unlimited time.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

.... When I try to unzip one of them the 7 Zip prog kicks in.
    Try this and see is the issue goes away: right click on a zip file, click on "properties" and make sure that the designated default "opens with" program is set to WinZip.

Also, when you right click on the zip file do you get this?

In other words are you presented with the option to use WinZip to extract the archiv or are you presented with the WinZip extract-to option but it automatically jumps to 7 Zip when you click on it?

BTW I couldn't get these files to extract using WinZip either. Quickview Plus shows the image but that is all. Winzip for Windows 8 gives message that file is corrupted. I'm sure it isn't corrupted but rather just encoded in such a way that none of these programs can make heads or tales of it. And usually QuickView Plus will open anything. ;^)

Cheers,
    MR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winzip-ex-00.jpg  
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

To open the archicve.....

...this is what I have done to open the archive with "7Z".
    1. download the file by clicking on the down arrow at the far left upper of the picture.
    2. save the pic &zip as a 7zip file.
    3.This will give you a file that has the title ****.win.jpg.7z
    4. rename the file dropping the "win.jpg" extension
    5. the file should now red" *****.7z"
    6. open the file using 7z and enjoy

Again this is how I have been doing it ever since Morton ( THANK YOU!!) posted these for us to use without any problems. Tedious but if you want the file, necessary to do.

ADDENDUM: Forgot to add that for some reason the F3F wildcat wake island only downloads as the JPG picture. There appears to be no file attached\contained.

Icon22 Reply...

Morton,

Great idea to get some of the new blood familiar with many of your great works! I hope things are well on your end!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Try this and see is the issue goes away: right click on a zip file, click on "properties" and make sure that the designated default "opens with" program is set to WinZip.

Also, when you right click on the zip file do you get this?

In other words are you presented with the option to use WinZip to extract the archiv or are you presented with the WinZip extract-to option but it automatically jumps to 7 Zip when you click on it?

BTW I couldn't get these files to extract using WinZip either. Quickview Plus shows the image but that is all. Winzip for Windows 8 gives message that file is corrupted. I'm sure it isn't corrupted but rather just encoded in such a way that none of these programs can make heads or tales of it. And usually QuickView Plus will open anything. ;^)

Cheers,
    MR
    Thanks MR. Finally worked it out after right clicking the zip file and selecting the Zip7 option/ downloads, then choosing the "zip" option from the dropdown menu.
    Cheers

Members who have read this thread: 0