Square Tracers

Thread: Square Tracers

Square Tracers

In my ETO install, some aircraft appear to be shooting marshmallows instead of tracers. Thoughts?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingskull5000 View Post
    In my ETO install, some aircraft appear to be shooting marshmallows instead of tracers. Thoughts?
    Gidday, my first question is have you installed new aircraft recently? Like any with new tracer effects (just about all the new stuff). That would be a good place to start. See my recent thread. There is a post somewhere about the blendmode for tracer effects in the effects.xml needing to be different depending upon which tracer textures (new or old) you are using.

Anyways, that's my first guess.

Less likely, you have taken some textures out of your effects/fxtextures folder.

Hmmm, last thing I did was add one of Major McGee's new FW190's a couple of months ago. My AV History Spit has square tracers and I noticed over the weekend that AI FW190's had them also.......

Thanks, but the new FW190s were done by a team that did not include me.

The following people are responsible for the package:

External model originally built by Jason Ohonowskyj as an a8, then converted rebuilt and upgraded by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt into multiple versions.

cfs3 Virtual Cockpit model originally by Jonn (Dancat) Pratt, with some parts from Luca (Sixghost) Festari's excellent Me109 model. Then converted rebuilt and significantly upgraded by Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt into multiple versions.

Textures External by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.

Textures Virtual cockpit by John (Bravo/4) whelan, with some shared files by Luca (Sixghost) Festari (from Bf109E/F vc texture set).

Textures Gauges by Ted (Nachtpiloten) Kaniuka, John (Bravo/4) whelan, Daniel (Gecko) Holtz, Tibor (BorekS) Stilz. (o2 gauge from Me163) and stock CFS3.

Mos File by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

XDP compilation, historical content, plane set construction by Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson.

Flight Models By Daniel (Gecko) Holtz. Based off AvHistory Fw190-A3, with extensive tweaking for each new model.

Effects (weapons, engine and damage) by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Weapons and pylons by AvHistory, Stephen (Sdsbolt) Seybolt, Rob (Capt. Winters) Stevenson, Daniel (Gecko) Holtz with new textures by John (Bravo/4) Whelan.

New Engine sounds by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Help files by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Optional Shaders for Ankors scenery work by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Optional Externally run Engine Module System scripts by Daniel (Gecko) Holtz.

Testing: Brav0/4, Geko, Sdsbolt, Capt. Winters.

Freeware items not to be loaded onto any web site without the written permission of Steve Seybolt.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0