New P40-B uploaded
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New P40-B uploaded

Blog Entries

New P40-B uploaded

Here's another one that's been gathering dust on my HD!

This is a CFS3 conversion of the Shockwave A2A P40 B Tomahawk.

The original model and textures by Krzysztof Malinowski for Shockwave A2A and is used with kind permission of Krsysztof and Scott Gentile of A2A.
    Additional texture work by Brian 'RobH'who did the Sharks mouth, eyes and lettering.

Conversion to fs9 by AF Scrub, this is the model that this is based on.

Cockpit (with some additions) and airfiles are from the P40-C model by Ed "groundhog" Wilson and Gregory "sarge" Pierson.

Get it here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=80

There's also a paint kit available for the original A2A model : http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=82&t=27846

CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Great news. Thanks to all involved. Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Woo Hoo!

This is a nice model Clive, thanks to all involved!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020
    For some reason I don't get the pylon, droptank or bombs to display? I've checked for the presence of the pylons droptank and weapons files and textures. I have all the weapons textures located in the shared weapons folder (as per stock cfs3) - maybe that should go under aircraft/shared instead?

There are no pylons or weapons in the download, it's just the aircraft as far as I can see?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Blog Entries

Unhappy

I knew I'd go off half cocked! I've looked at the gmax and the pylons aren't there. They definatley were there so I've inadvertantly deleted them from one of the iterations. Give me an evening or so and I'll put them back.

Blog Entries
    The xdp file is wrong, I was getting confused between the P40-C we were working on and this aircraft.

The P40B (Tomahawk IIB) did not have external ordnance, that came with the C model. So I've re-uploaded it with the payloads removed.

Sorry chaps!

In the meantime I've been doing some digging and I didn't know that this model was used for a few months late 1941 over France on tactical reconnaissance sorties. It looks good in the early war scheme.

A2A does nice models. I was surprised that they would part with it as freeware, very generous. Thanks for bringing it to CFS3 for us! Are there plans to convert the cockpit? The FSX screenshots of it are nice.

Yeah, the early war RAF paint looks good on these, I did a few for ETO for the old model some time ago.

Many thanks, downloading now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Thank you Clive and all involved!

I didn't know there were recon versions of the early P-40/Tomahawk models(?).

That paint kit is superb but will be a monster to sort out.

Blog Entries
    A2A does nice models. I was surprised that they would part with it as freeware, very generous.
    I started modding the AF Scrub model then was contacted by folks saying that he'd pirated the A2A model. As I'd put so many hours into it by then I thought I'd talk to Scott Gentile and see what he said. I thought I'd have to bin it but was nicely surprised when he very graciously allowed me to carry on (with Krzysztof Malinowski's permission). It really is a superb model, capturing the tubby look of the original exactly.

That paint kit is superb but will be a monster to sort out.

Yes but it does contain that excellent AVG skin, go on Barry, you know you want to!

I put together the +SR and +NM AnKor compatible files needed for this model using the paint kit you referenced above. The m3d needed a few changes to take full advantage of these so I've included a modified version of that file as well. (please backup your original first!)

P40_Tomahawk_B_SRNM_Files.zip

Last edited by MajorMagee; May 15th, 2018 at 17:24.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Yes but it does contain that excellent AVG skin, go on Barry, you know you want to!
    Oh, I want to Clive, sometimes I can't help myself!

I did this with the paint kit before I had a look at the M3D and the textures supplied. Oops!

Would it be possible to have the original texture mapping with the five different main sheets? That would make things a lot easier without all of the cropping/resizing/stitching.

Can't have bullet damage if you split it up into different sheets though...

Yeah, I know. That would be missed, but I was wanting to avoid hacking such a great template to make it conform or shelving it completely.

Blog Entries
    I put together the +SR and +NM AnKor compatible files needed for this model using the paint kit you referenced above. The m3d needed a few changes to take full advantage of these so I've included a modified version of that file as well. (please backup your original first!)
    Thanks Andy! I'm far behind the curve with the latest texture developments. What version of shaders should I be using and is there anything to tweak?

Yeah, I know. That would be missed, but I was wanting to avoid hacking such a great template to make it conform or shelving it completely.
    Please don't Barry, it looks great! The single texture sheet was only clumsily thrown together so it shouldn't be too onerous to do the same. If you do that and the gmax needs altering for it let me know.

Pat, these will work with any of the shader versions that have come out since the beginning of 2017.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hey Clive. I do not wish to sound ungrateful in any way. I am thrilled to have this new Hawk and look forward to many hours of flying it.

My concern was the somewhat incompatibility of the Martin Catney paint kit with the CFS3 conversion. I've had a go at modifying the above texture sheet to make it conform and believe if I were to continue making skins, it would be easier to make a new template in the long run. My thinking was to preserve the integrity and continued use of the paint kit.

Blog Entries
    I quite agree Barry, it is a pain! I managed to get this one started but it took a bit of jiggery-pokery! My problem is that my preferred paint proggy PaintDotNet won't open the psd as it's too big and I don't know what I'm doing in PhotoShop. Will persevere though, and try and make a cfs3 template from the A2A one.

Cheers,

Clive

Just more or less thinking out loud here, but what if the CFS3 main texture sheet was mapped to the entire paint kit without editing it? The CFS3 sheet size could be 4096x2048 and then the whole template could just simply be resized to these dimensions without cutting it up. BorekS did this with his Lippisch P13A.

????

Guys,

The AVG repaint in the package by AF Scrub is a repaint done by me for the A2A WOP II P40, which as included in the package without my permission.

When these textures fit the CFS3 conversion, than the other repiants I did for this P40 should fit as well.

You can find the US package here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...USAAF-versions

And the RAF version with (authentic) alternative sharkmouths can be found here. One livery shows a 112 squadron P40 in its original Dupont scheme and the other shows a P40 after the under surface was painted Azur blue and the Dark Green was repainted Middle Stone.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...AF-112-Squaron

When somebody wants to convert them in something which can be used in CFS3 he has my blessing.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you Huub, that's much appreciated!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Just more or less thinking out loud here, but what if the CFS3 main texture sheet was mapped to the entire paint kit without editing it? The CFS3 sheet size could be 4096x2048 and then the whole template could just simply be resized to these dimensions without cutting it up.
    It could be but it's a lot of work and I don't much fancy doing it at the moment. :0)

When these textures fit the CFS3 conversion, than the other repiants I did for this P40 should fit as well.
    Hey Huub, thanks for those!

When somebody wants to convert them in something which can be used in CFS3 he has my blessing.

Cheers,
    Huub[/QUOTE]

Is there a tutorial on how to do this ?

Members who have read this thread: 1