New drivers nividia

Thread: New drivers nividia

New drivers nividia

GeForce Game Ready Driver 397.64 Out Now, Optimized for Destiny 2 Warmind, Pillars of Eternity II and Conan Exiles...Begs the question/ What Does it Do For Flight Simulation?? Any Improvement since the Driver that Powdered FSX Released in 2006?...Any Remember That driver?..Been Updating drivers for Years The Game Cards Gave us all the advantages ..but there is only so much it can extract from old tech ..Has anyone found the "SWEET" Driver ?? if so Can You Share this Driver? Thnx all

I update from time to time, but I have no system in place to do so. . .more of a "whenever the urge hits me" technique. I honestly never see any difference but I keep doing it anyway. There was talk many years ago of a budding relationship between NVidia and Lockheed Martin. Supposedly NVidia was looking at the requirements for P3D and how it could incorporate Flight Sim specific updates for their cards. All talk no action.

As long as the latest update doesn't break something I may give it a shot. . .why not. . .at least it makes you think things look "so much sharper, so much more vivid", lol, lol
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Gonna skip this one. It always ends up messing up my multi monitor setup
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I gave up trying to keep up with video driver versions a while back. I haven’t changed the hardware or applications (FSX) in a long time. I’ve done the Win10 updates, that’s all. FSX is working well enough, except for the occasional OOM, mostly in ORBX areas, so I’ll leave it alone.

Glenn

I take a bit of a walk around here, Avsim and Flightsim.com to get a feel for which driver version seems to be reported as working well, minimum VAS loss, and the most stable and most pleasing to the eye.

I'm currently on Nvidia Driver 376.33 (definitely a good FSX driver) on Win 7 - and have been for nearly a year now - my simulator PC does only FSX - I don't have any games or anything else on it so I couldn't comment on what constitutes a "unified" driver that runs 10 year old FSX and last week's latest game release well.

Very strong case for: If it ain't bust don't fix it!"

That having been said don't be afraid to 'audition' new prospective drivers. Just make sure you completely remove the previous driver via Control Panel before auditioning the new one. If it's not up to scratch - dump it, again using Control Panel to completely remove and put the old one back in place.

It's YOUR PC - not Microsoft's or Nvidia's!

A really great Driver that works for your system and your needs can add heaps of immersion - as well as providing that eye-candy that keeps you thrusting towards new horizons on the wings of your choice. But, research is everything...

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Updated to Nvidia 397.64 yesterday and when updating laptop noticed that new Windows 10 version 1803 was available and did both on desktop. No problems, installed. Don´t know for sure about FPS but lately when using P3Dv4 got this feeling that everything is much better, much smoother...quite satisfied with it

Regards

I've been running v369.24 for I don't know how long. Probably since I installed my NVidea card.
    Works good for me, and as Mr. Ganter said, if it aint broke don't fix it.

I do use NVidea Inspector, also an older version. V1.9.7.3
    Same attitude towords it. It works good, leave it alone.

Sorry I can't be more help...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Just make sure you completely remove the previous driver via Control Panel before auditioning the new one. If it's not up to scratch - dump it, again using Control Panel to completely remove and put the old one back in place.
    And remember to use the "clean install" advanced option within the NVIDIA installer.

Rest of the story..UNINSTALLED currant Driver..Cleanly..FRESH install of the new NIVIDIA Driver The 397.64...No problem..Made sure the PHYSX is set to your Game Card ..Mine the GT 980 .Also The Color setting checked to NIVIDIA ..Found OK in Operation..I Guess a clean UNINSTALL AND INSTALL Important And a MUST!..Thnx all was fun

The new drivers work great. Yes, uninstalling the old drivers and then putting in the new ones is best. I learned that the hard way many moons ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never had any problems and I just install whatever is new, but I run other sims as well.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

works 10000 times better since the last nvidia update and windows 10 upgrade

WRT P3D unless you have current drivers LM have clearly stated they dont support requests with dated drivers, so sometimes its better to bite the bullet in order to gain support and raise the issues, which may require Nvidia or LM to review current versions and amend accordingly

As for FSX with no official support thats a different kettle of fish

Installed the latest driver, as I knew I would, and as I expected it looks the same as the last driver I had installed, lol. However I did delve into the Physx option, mainly because I see it being installed all the time and have no idea what it's function is. I let it set up "Surround" and have to say it is impressive, however despite having dual monitors and both being the same size (technically speaking) they are not "exactly" the same (one being about 1/2" shorter in height). That variance plus the physical border for the monitors makes it less than ideal. It was interesting to see the wide view it offers, but having a solid black border down the middle of the view detracts from the experience so it's back to a single monitor for the sim and the other for various avionics to display.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0