Northrop RF/61C Reporter RELEASED
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northrop RF/61C Reporter RELEASED

Northrop RF/61C Reporter RELEASED

Hi everyone,

Following the feedback from the BETA, the RF/61C has now been updated in the Warbirds library as v1.

Change log;

Engines corrected - all instruments, fuel taps, starters etc now work correctly.
    Lights visibility now slaved to switches
    Beacon attach point removed
    FDE enhanced for performance and realism ( by Pam )
    Fuel truck visibility now only selectable when on the ground below 5 KIAS
    Manual updated with new V-speeds and power settings, and more control descriptions
    Views adjusted as per additions by testers ( thanks! )
    Vapor trail from right wing removed when engines at full power
    Virtual Cockpit texture for rear seat, allowing instruments to be added at will

There are still a few small issues with some secondary switches not animating when clicked ( despite being animated ) however I have not been able to find solutions to these issues. They are however minor and do not affect the airplane in any way.

So, after just over a year work my first flight sim airplane is complete. Enjoy all!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunset3.jpg   Sunset.jpg   Sunset2.jpg  
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

VC layout

Thanks..!
    My interpretation of the VC observer position. The graphics need more work as well as the gauges.

Not showing in the downloads area yet. Looking forward to trying the updated "Final Release". Beautiful work Dean!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Not showing in the downloads area yet. Looking forward to trying the updated "Final Release". Beautiful work Dean!
    I downloaded it this morning. It's an update to the download that was there, already.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thank you for all your hard work and generosity in making this available to us all - much appreciated.

Regards,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks for the V1 release and all the hard work by you and the team.

I like the new camera views and fixes.

The Shift-2 is not bringing up the maintenance panel to view the truck on my pc.

Shift-E pushes back the canopy cover but is not mentioned in the manual. Nice animation that should be credited.

I noticed internal cabin shadows in the documentation but I don't see them when flying the RF 61C even though they are seen in other planes known to have that capability.

Jim Jones

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Thanks for the V1 release and all the hard work by you and the team.

I like the new camera views and fixes.

The Shift-2 is not bringing up the maintenance panel to view the truck on my pc.

Shift-E pushes back the canopy cover but is not mentioned in the manual. Nice animation that should be credited.

I noticed internal cabin shadows in the documentation but I don't see them when flying the RF 61C even though they are seen in other planes known to have that capability.

Jim Jones
    You can click on the cockpit switch detailed in the manual to access the panels and fuel truck, and the keyboard press is SHIFT-E and then 2 quickly afterward for the same. You're right though Jim, the manual has an error in it so I will correct that shortly.

Shift-E is the sim's standard exit command - you can also open the canopy using the lever on the right hand side of the cockpit.

Finally, cockpit shadowing is only available in Prepar3D - it doesn't work in FSX.
    Last edited by DC1973; May 9th, 2018 at 12:10. Reason: Spotted the error in manual - well done Jim! :)
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

You'll get cockpit shadows in FsX if you have Dx10 preview checked and you have Steve Parsons Dx10 fixer.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Following the feedback from the BETA, the RF/61C has now been updated in the Warbirds library as v1.

Change log;

Engines corrected - all instruments, fuel taps, starters etc now work correctly.
    Lights visibility now slaved to switches
    Beacon attach point removed
    FDE enhanced for performance and realism ( by Pam )
    Fuel truck visibility now only selectable when on the ground below 5 KIAS
    Manual updated with new V-speeds and power settings, and more control descriptions
    Views adjusted as per additions by testers ( thanks! )
    Vapor trail from right wing removed when engines at full power
    Virtual Cockpit texture for rear seat, allowing instruments to be added at will

There are still a few small issues with some secondary switches not animating when clicked ( despite being animated ) however I have not been able to find solutions to these issues. They are however minor and do not affect the airplane in any way.

So, after just over a year work my first flight sim airplane is complete. Enjoy all!

Downloading now! My only squawk was the reversed engines, can't wait to see the other fixes. (aAlso the view from the back seat!) I did click you link and I may have to get in on the Old Ironsides series!

Dean cudos to you. Great job. For me this is just as good as any payware out there. I would like to see if Seahwk72 could merge those panels into the a/c like in his picture in post #2. They look fantastic. I upgraded my lights to all shockwave type. I also added some tail lights. If you have shockwave lights try this:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, -19.83, 33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navgre.fx ,
    light.1 = 3, -19.83, -33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navred.fx ,
    light.2 = 2, -25.660, 0, -2.803, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red.fx ,
    light.3 = 4, -10.109, 0, 1.645, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
    light.4 = 4, -15.92, 0, 3.78, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
    light.5 = 5, -21.92, -23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
    light.6 = 5, -21.92, 23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
    light.7 = 3, -48.00, 9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,
    light.8 = 3, -48.00, -9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,

Robert

Beautiful work Dean and team that assisted in the final release! I feel blessed often seeing the great work you and other freeware contributing artists give of your free time to produce such outstanding beauties. Thank you and all the freeware developers for your creations and sharing them as well.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    Dean cudos to you. Great job. For me this is just as good as any payware out there. I would like to see if Seahwk72 could merge those panels into the a/c like in his picture in post #2. ........

Robert
    I was lucky in that I had a 2D panel from earlier. After cropping it down I created a simple gauge with the 2D bmp as a base.
    Then it was a case of cutting and pasting the 2D gauge entries into [Vcockpit05] with background as gauge00.
    Some adjusting was needed to align the gauges. Graphics and gauges still need work.

Great Job

Dean and Pam, this is a neat airplane. Many kudos for your hard work and due diligence. The visual model and sound are exemplary while the FDE is challenging and believable. The incorporation of the speed brakes is clever and very effective. I had to look very closely to see them animated. Super! I am running on boxed FSX-A on W7 and I can only squawk one minor issue. While doing engine run-up before takeoff, (sounds makes it most realistic) I was unable to separate the engine controls. E 1 should allow me to control only the left engine while E 2 should permit me to cycle the right engine. In this case, regardless what engine I chose, both engines respond. According to MP, RPM and oil pressure, both respond. The animation appears to verify this phenomenon as well. It's just unnerving to do a prop check with both engines blasting away at 20 in Hg.

Otherwise, this is a wonderful plane that will try to exercise according to your manual. (Loops, chandelles, stalls) .Looking forward to many hours of enjoyment. Thank you, both and to your team for bringing this plane to life. Terry

P.S. Seahawk, your work on the observer position looks first rate. Hope we can incorporate it at some point in time.
    Last edited by simtech; May 9th, 2018 at 20:55. Reason: update Op Sys and spelling errors

SOH-CM-2017

Effects

Hi Dean,
    [smokesystem] fx_Radial_Oil_Drip.fx missing from Effects folder.
    Props are spinning backwards, noticeable from external view when shutting down.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Downloading now! My only squawk was the reversed engines, can't wait to see the other fixes. (aAlso the view from the back seat!) I did click you link and I may have to get in on the Old Ironsides series!
    Cheers Josh, glad you're enjoying the Reporter. And the Old Ironsides series is a lot of fun, go forrit!

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    Dean cudos to you. Great job. For me this is just as good as any payware out there. I would like to see if Seahwk72 could merge those panels into the a/c like in his picture in post #2. They look fantastic. I upgraded my lights to all shockwave type. I also added some tail lights. If you have shockwave lights try this:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, -19.83, 33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navgre.fx ,
    light.1 = 3, -19.83, -33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navred.fx ,
    light.2 = 2, -25.660, 0, -2.803, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red.fx ,
    light.3 = 4, -10.109, 0, 1.645, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
    light.4 = 4, -15.92, 0, 3.78, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
    light.5 = 5, -21.92, -23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
    light.6 = 5, -21.92, 23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
    light.7 = 3, -48.00, 9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,
    light.8 = 3, -48.00, -9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,

Robert
    Cheers Robert, I will give those a whirl!

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Beautiful work Dean and team that assisted in the final release! I feel blessed often seeing the great work you and other freeware contributing artists give of your free time to produce such outstanding beauties. Thank you and all the freeware developers for your creations and sharing them as well.

Thanks for your kind words It's been a long journey of learning and head scratching, but it's been worth it to see the response!

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Dean and Pam, this is a neat airplane. Many kudos for your hard work and due diligence. The visual model and sound are exemplary while the FDE is challenging and believable. The incorporation of the speed brakes is clever and very effective. I had to look very closely to see them animated. Super! I am running on boxed FSX-A on W7 and I can only squawk one minor issue. While doing engine run-up before takeoff, (sounds makes it most realistic) I was unable to separate the engine controls. E 1 should allow me to control only the left engine while E 2 should permit me to cycle the right engine. In this case, regardless what engine I chose, both engines respond. According to MP, RPM and oil pressure, both respond. The animation appears to verify this phenomenon as well. It's just unnerving to do a prop check with both engines blasting away at 20 in Hg.

Otherwise, this is a wonderful plane that will try to exercise according to your manual. (Loops, chandelles, stalls) .Looking forward to many hours of enjoyment. Thank you, both and to your team for bringing this plane to life. Terry

P.S. Seahawk, your work on the observer position looks first rate. Hope we can incorporate it at some point in time.
    Thanks. glad you're enjoying the airplane!

I'm not sure whether the engine issue you're having is down to the modelling or the FDE to be honest. I test using the VC throttles and mouse drag them and get the responses I should. There does seem to be a separation between using the keyboard and using the cockpit controls themselves. I'll keep an eye on this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GDNZ View Post
    Hi Dean,
    [smokesystem] fx_Radial_Oil_Drip.fx missing from Effects folder.
    Props are spinning backwards, noticeable from external view when shutting down.
    Gary

Hi Gary,
    The fx file is a stock effect in FSX only. It doesn't appear in Prepar3D, hence its omission from the file.

The props I'm afraid is a Brit thing Ours typically rotate counter clockwise when viewed from astern. US-built airplanes spin the opposite way. I'll remember next time to get it right and may update the Reporter at some point to reflect this.

A beauty and a thoroughbred :-)

Cheers,
    Mark

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks to all involved in bringing us this rare bird. Never thought I'd see this one. Great work!

OK people try this if you like. I,ve been moding my panel today with panel editor. I gauged the rear panel mask that Dean made with a few. I also revamped my foward panel. Notice on the rear panel I added a radar indicator and a O2 blinker and a O2 qty gauge. To work the radar just click on indicator and it will sweep or it will turn into an ADI on next click. To turn off click left side of indicator. The blinker gauge starts to work at about 5000 ft. on it's own. On the fwd panel I added a new fuel ind and fuel selector and radar altimeter. All gauges are included in panel folder. Make sure you back your orignal panel in case you don't like. Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You'll get cockpit shadows in FsX if you have Dx10 preview checked and you have Steve Parsons Dx10 fixer.
    Where can I obtain the DX10 fixer by Steve Parsons?

Thanks, Jim

Members who have read this thread: 0