New 119 Thread?
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 9,505.00 USD (95%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New 119 Thread?

  1. #1

    New 119 Thread?

    Last I heard the final textures had been sent to Larry. A few weeks ago now I think. I haven't seen Larry for ages now. He and I and Bill (WND) used to be on TS almost everyday with Roman popping in from time to time with new code. TS has gone silent, has been for a long time. Maybe Larry will see this and give some kind of update, if there is anything new to report.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    X-Plane 11.26 and FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  2. #2
    SOH Staff Tako_Kichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SW Ontario, Canada (Ex-pat Brit)
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,959
    I'm just waiting for one more texture from Tankerguy and then I can put a test package together Ed. As to TS, every time I check in there nobody is home so I guess we keep missing each other LOL.

    I've had some issues here with a HD failure meaning a re-install of Win 10 plus my HOTAS throttle has died and I've been reduced to using my old Saitek yoke and throttle to fly with which I don't really like and that has been acting up too.

    In addition I am in the process of quitting smoking (38 days totally smoke free so far) and as virtually all my smoking was done at my desk I've been avoiding spending too much time there in an effort to resist old temptations and habitual actions. Instead I've been spending my time in my hobby workshop where I have been scratch-building a utility trailer and numerous scale accessories for my RC scale trail truck (Karen has also been working on a huge re-make to her truck too as she is also quitting smoking).
    Larry


  3. #3
    Larry which texture was that? May have missed that email??? I thought it was finished

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    I'm just waiting for one more texture from Tankerguy and then I can put a test package together Ed. As to TS, every time I check in there nobody is home so I guess we keep missing each other LOL.

    I've had some issues here with a HD failure meaning a re-install of Win 10 plus my HOTAS throttle has died and I've been reduced to using my old Saitek yoke and throttle to fly with which I don't really like and that has been acting up too.

    In addition I am in the process of quitting smoking (38 days totally smoke free so far) and as virtually all my smoking was done at my desk I've been avoiding spending too much time there in an effort to resist old temptations and habitual actions. Instead I've been spending my time in my hobby workshop where I have been scratch-building a utility trailer and numerous scale accessories for my RC scale trail truck (Karen has also been working on a huge re-make to her truck too as she is also quitting smoking).
    Good to hear Larry. Certainly sounds like you've had issues enough to keep you away for an extended period. . .especially breaking the smoking habit. . .tough going from what I hear. Good luck with that.

    As for TS, Bill and I had gotten back to morning chats on TS, with breaks here and there for personal business from time to time. . .then I had a sick baby last week which kept me away and then Bill had a run with sickness for a time, so we have been missing each other this week so far. Usually I'm on from around 6:00AM to 10:00 and then I have a T'Shirt business my daughter got me into that requires some work once I get off TS.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    X-Plane 11.26 and FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  6. #6
    Hi Larry,
    Happy to hear you're giving up smoking. Not an easy thing to do but still not impossible. I quit back in '89 and never looked back. Just hang in there it does get easier with time. May the force be with you. Looking forward to the 119 and all the great new textures.

    mal

  7. #7
    SOH Staff Tako_Kichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SW Ontario, Canada (Ex-pat Brit)
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Larry which texture was that? May have missed that email??? I thought it was finished
    Didn't you say you had to move the prop warning lines aft and add the missing text on Cabbie's fuselage? We were discussing something else while scrutinizing screen captures from the movie when you spotted the error and said you'd fix it and that's the last I heard of it.
    Larry


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Didn't you say you had to move the prop warning lines aft and add the missing text on Cabbie's fuselage? We were discussing something else while scrutinizing screen captures from the movie when you spotted the error and said you'd fix it and that's the last I heard of it.
    Yep and had made those changes already when I brought it up. Should have been attached to that email. If not my mistake and I'll send it right over.

  9. #9
    bumping this up one time..with a wootywootwoot
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 0

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •