NASCAR owners in talks to sell series, report says

Thread: NASCAR owners in talks to sell series, report says

Lightbulb NASCAR owners in talks to sell series, report says

The 'Poison Dwarf' will probably buy NASCAR, he loves a Circus!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    The 'Poison Dwarf' will probably buy NASCAR, he loves a Circus!
    More likely TV companies, which means they will turn NASCAR into a reality show with scripted storylines and on-track actions dictated for the sake of ratings.

NASCAR has been on the decline for a long time. I'm guessing the France family wants to sell it before it become as valuable as IROC.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Brian France has no one to blame but himself, his Grandfather and Father had a formula that worked well but Brian got greedy!

Lightbulb

Here's a thought: As technology increased (live feeds etc), the need to attend races in person diminished...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Something needs to be done, the amount of empty seats at Dover was enlightening. They need to have cars that look like a stock car, not a uniform body with different decals.

bring back the old NASCAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Here's a thought: As technology increased (live feeds etc), the need to attend races in person diminished...
    I just wait a very short time and download what I want to watch.
    Just about given up on 'NASCAR', the three restarts is completely ridiculous.
    A PS: JFTR, the Supercar Series is being almost dominated by Penske so far, but some idiot has managed to add 'Stadium Trucks' to the program, on bitumen complete with artificial 'jumps'.
    Dickheads!!

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Something needs to be done, the amount of empty seats at Dover was enlightening. They need to have cars that look like a stock car, not a uniform body with different decals.
    bring back the old NASCAR.

I remember when NASCAR was a stock car circuit, and I was interested in those days. (But I haven't been for many years now.) I recall when Ford was allowed to stretch the wheelbase of the T-bird so it could run in the late model stock category and people were appalled. But they were still interested. It wasn't too long before the only stock parts a car had to have were the hood and the roof. And people became less interested.

Richard Petty once remarked in an interview that when he started racing, "...NASCAR ran stock cars. Then they went to race cars. I don't know what to call what they're running now." Whatever you call 'em, they interest fewer and fewer people as time goes on. People don't relate to race cars pretending to be stock cars. If they want to see race cars, they can watch Indy cars or Formula One. If they want to watch stock cars - well, they won't find them in NASCAR.

Maybe NASCAR should try racing late model stock cars. That was popular back in the day. It's what NASCAR was built on. Maybe it would be popular now.

Put the S back in NASCAR!

Another thing we had in the past were interesting characters driving the cars. You never knew what was going to come out of their mouth or what they might do on the track. Today we have children who haven't lived long enough to have character and what they say is dictated by their sponsors.

What has turned me off with NASCAR the most is the pitiful TV coverage. It is an endless litany of commercials interspersed with 15-20 minutes an hour of racing. (And Fox does half of that with "Side by Side" Commercials)

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    What has turned me off with NASCAR the most is the pitiful TV coverage. It is an endless litany of commercials interspersed with 15-20 minutes an hour of racing. (And Fox does half of that with "Side by Side" Commercials)
    Yes indeed!
    One of the advantages heavily promoted way back when Pay TV was touting for business was 'NO COMMERCIALS', when we conservative Aussies sat back to consider the pros and cons of an expensive (it sure was!) move and didn't jump on board Fox went sniveling to the Government of the time and received permission to run advertising.
    Aside from the really mediocre FTA networks Fox is a crock.
    The one and only 'FTA Commercial' network that runs motorsport is rubbish, F1 and MotoGP get one hour of 'highlights' which is usually 24 hours at least behind the event and consists of 30 minutes of advertising interspersed with 30 minutes of race coverage.
    People like me just ignore them and as I mentioned look elsewhere.
    I honestly do not understand the rationale that is behind the bloated adverting run throughout a NASCAR event, I simply would not consider that coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I agree on that! Fox used to have the best coverage of NASCAR races, now they are certainly no better than NBC or ESPN. I remember the days when they would go to commercial, then interrupt the commercials if there was a wreck. Now, they either do that stupid "side by side" mess or go to full commercials and if anything happens during the commercial break, they will tell you about after the full run of commercials. Commercial breaks are one of the reasons NASCAR instituted stage racing. It is a guaranteed spot where tv networks can go to commercials.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    After a wonderful 3 month visit to Australia and watching V8 Supercars race, I think that’s the way to go for nascar. Although super sophisticated like nascar, they have stock looking body’s. Also need more road courses. Small bullrings are boring. Cut down on race distances. A two hour race is enough.

just my 2€ worth.

Here in France, NASCAR coverage offers full races live with only one commercial break which takes place during the pause after stage 2.
    We enjoy US commercial breaks, because the broadcast then stay on one onboard camera. I really love these long onboard camera sessions.

Formula 1 is broadcasted on a pay TV network, and there is no commercial at all during races.

Oh, the onboard camera. The one great thing introduced this year in NASCAR is the helmet camera. They are now mounting them at the top of the helmet's visor and it does give more perspective on what the driver sees and, as evidenced at Dover, just how bumpy of a ride it is around a track.

And now there are recurring issues with car inspections. Cars not getting through inspection in time to qualify and, according to some, cars that fail inspection sometimes get rolled back to the start of the inspection line, then pass with nothing being changed.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    And now there are recurring issues with car inspections. Cars not getting through inspection in time to qualify and, according to some, cars that fail inspection sometimes get rolled back to the start of the inspection line, then pass with nothing being changed.

NASCAR rules and inspections have become overkill in the extreme. Every rule (except safety features) added in the last 30 years could be thrown out and the racing would improve.

Members who have read this thread: 0