more weirdness

Thread: more weirdness

SOH-CM-2023

more weirdness

Hi All,

I have just come across a weird issue; I try to start a flight anywhere south of Phoenix in Arizona and the sim locks up. Very weird.

Sean

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Hi All,

I have just come across a weird issue; I try to start a flight anywhere south of Phoenix in Arizona and the sim locks up. Very weird.

Sean

I am in the airport selection screen when the sim locks up most of the time. Ill select an airport in the area and the sim just locks up and does nothering Sometimes I can start the sim at other airports out side of Arizona and it runs fine.

arggh!!!

Sean

Since the glitch only seems to happen at airports in southern Arizona, I wonder if it might be a terrain mesh file or perhaps a texture file that covers that part of the state.

My first thought is a bad file in a scenery folder, but half of a big state seems like a lot of area to be affected by an airport scenery.

Have you done the troubleshooting step of inactivating or (temporarily) removing the most recent things you've installed, one by one, to see if that might reveal where the bug is coming from?

I feel like it has to be a bad file of some kind, either newly installed or an older one that somehow got corrupted.

I wish I could offer more than guesswork.

could be a duplicated add-on afcad too; and not necessarily in Arizona

ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Im going to start by turning off all the additional packages I have for AZ and turn them on one by one. Ill follow up with my results.

Sean

SOH-CM-2023
    So last night I turned off every add on I have for the state of Arizona (Its a big list) and I was able to go into the area in question. I started reenbling areas but I havent found the offending area...yet.

Thanks for being the sounding board

Sean

Members who have read this thread: 0