RCS B-25 Mitchell in P3Dv4?

Thread: RCS B-25 Mitchell in P3Dv4?

RCS B-25 Mitchell in P3Dv4?

Anyone get this to work? Because you cannot do a manual install, am undecided whether to try the FSX or the P3Dv2 version in P3Dv4.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The gauges are not P3D4 compatible.

Copy that - thanks.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Great, mind telling us how? I had no gauges when I tried it.
    Sue

There is this read me in the Gauge Registration folder (from the FSX version):

IMPORTANT WARNINGS and INSTALLING THE AIRCRAFT

VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!
    Once you have installed the package using the EXE file you must go to the "...\SimObjects\Airplanes\B-25J RAF MkII\Gauge Registration" folder
    and double click on the "TG-FSX-RAF.bat" file (This will flash up a small black screen for a few seconds and then close. This is normal). This will
    register the gauges and eliminate the huge numbers of warnings from FSX.

----------------------------------------------
    This package can ONLY be installed by running the self installing EXE file directly into FS.
    Running the EXE file into a temporary folder will not work. Also copying over the files from one drive to another will not work. To install, double
    click on the EXE file and follow the "onscreen" instructions, making sure you point at the proper location of your version of FS.

IMPORTANT! One other item. Do not use so-called gauge cleaning utilities which proport to eliminate only the gauges not being used by any of the aircraft in your inventory. Doing so will render this package useless and it will have to be reinstalled.

It is important that FSX is run up using different aircraft and then change to the "B-25J RAF MkII". Strange things sometimes occur if you don't.
    When you choose the "B-25J RAF MkII" you will be faced with a blank screen for some time, do not worry this is normal. All the gauges are loading so that you will get smooth performance thereafter.

Note :-
    This package is optimised for use with FSX Service Pack 2. Other versions might present texture issues.

Safe Landings

Roy Chaffin
    RCS Panels
    techsupport@roychaffin.com

Interesting. It looks like the author put a lot of security features in place. I may play around with this later on when I have more time. But if someone can save me effort and frustration, I would really appreciate it.

Great screenshots by the way. For an old sim bird it still looks pretty good.

- Rob

Hello Sue,

This is the simviation.com version with gauges from Philippe Wallaert.
    https://simviation.com/1/download-fi...p&fileId=54124
    Works great in P3D4 after convertion with MCX.
    If there is interest, i could try to get the permission for publishing.

Ulrich

Thanks Ulrich !

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Great screenshots by the way. For an old sim bird it still looks pretty good.

Hello Rob,
    Thank you,
    this old sim bird looks really marvelous in P3D4.
    I assume, Philippe Wallaert has the permission
    to implement the new xml gauges.
    I have tried to convert this nice gem to P3D4 and
    was succesfully.
    If you like,i could send you the converted B-25
    for testing.
    And perhaps you and Roy Chaffin or i can publish
    this freeware gem to the community

Ulrich
    Last edited by Postbaer61; May 21st, 2018 at 12:33.

Thank you for the offer Ulric, I would certainly like to add a B-25 to the hangar. However, my flying is so casual, I'm not certain
    how much help I could be in testing. There's certainly far more knowledgeable people than me here at SOH .

But maybe it's best to wait for word from the Simviation poster Philippe Wallaert at least before talking of posting.

- RobM

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Thank you for the offer Ulric, I would certainly like to add a B-25 to the hangar. However, my flying is so casual, I'm not certain
    how much help I could be in testing. There's certainly far more knowledgeable people than me here at SOH .

But maybe it's best to wait for word from the Simviation poster Philippe Wallaert at least before talking of posting.

- RobM
    Lol,
    I have interpreted your posting pretty wrong,
    cause the signature in your post.(techsupport@roychaffin.com)
    I thought you were a member of Roy Chaffin's
    team.
    And yes you are right, first off all, i have to get the permission of
    Roy Chaffin and Philippe Wallaert.

Ulrich

Maybe I just don't understand MCX. I can't get this to work. I have no landing gear etc.
    Sue

Converting with MCX needs a little experience and is sometimes a little bit tricky,
    but if i get the permission you will get a ready converted version soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0