Texture bleed-through in scenery problems

Thread: Texture bleed-through in scenery problems

Texture bleed-through in scenery problems

Am hoping perhaps someone can tell me what causes these texture bleed through problems? Thanks, NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angwin.jpg   Angwin2.jpg  

Nobody?

Here are two more screenshots. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Texture bleed through.jpg   Texture bleed through2.jpg  

I've never seen anything like that before Chief! I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to what might be causing that.

HOWEVER. . .after looking again. . .you can always try dumping the shaders and reloading the Sim.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I've never seen anything like that before Chief! I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to what might be causing that.

HOWEVER. . .after looking again. . .you can always try dumping the shaders and reloading the Sim.
    Only seems to be happening with payware addon scenery; best I can tell thus far. I had tried dumping shaders a few days ago, reloading, etc... No fix. Also made sure Orbx stuff is lower on the list, because when Orbx scenery at top of list, none of my NAS sceneries show up; only stock scenery. I am perplexed. Pete

It looks as if two different layers of a ground polygon representing the tarmac have a big height difference. Are you sure that the scenery is compiled for P3D v4? Ground polygons compiled for FSX have such problems in the latest versions of P3D.

I haven't checked the info at the link that Penzoil listed yet, but yes, the texture problems seen so far are with payware P3DV4 scenery. NC

Are you using Tacpack? If so, try turning Tacpack off and see if the problem goes away.

Your screenshots look exactly like the problems I was having with Orbx's YBRM Broome airport, and the cause turned out to be
    Tacpack. Something to do with a conflict between the way Tacpack and certain Orbx airports handle runway boundaries. The Orbx
    website is down at the moment, so I'm not able to find and link to the Orbx thread about it.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be all Orbx airports, and the solution is not to have Tacpack on when using the effected airports. Tacpack
    has a setting that will ask if you want it on or off when you start P3Dv4.

- Rob

Rob,

It appears you are correct about Tacpack being the culprit. Once I turned it off, then no more texture problems. But is there a workaround? I can't use Tacpack with these sceneries installed? Not cool. NC

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Are you using Tacpack? If so, try turning Tacpack off and see if the problem goes away.

Your screenshots look exactly like the problems I was having with Orbx's YBRM Broome airport, and the cause turned out to be
    Tacpack. Something to do with a conflict between the way Tacpack and certain Orbx airports handle runway boundaries. The Orbx
    website is down at the moment, so I'm not able to find and link to the Orbx thread about it.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be all Orbx airports, and the solution is not to have Tacpack on when using the effected airports. Tacpack
    has a setting that will ask if you want it on or off when you start P3Dv4.

- Rob
    no probs with orbx broome and tacpack here both are working fine

For a fact the problem with YBRM Broome did not exist with FSX and Tacpack. And I can't recall seeing the problem
    with P3Dv4.1 and the 4.1 compatible version of Tacpack (but I also can't recall whether I actually visited Broome
    during that time)..

Where I first noticed the problem was after I upgraded to to P3Dv4.2 and the compatible version of Tacpack v.1.5.0.3.

I've never found or read of a solution, other than disabling Tacpack when flying at the airports effected. I've tried different
    settings in the Tacpack manager. And I did try changing the P3Dv4 client back to 4.1. But I didn't know how to change
    Tacpack back to the earlier version.

This is the thread in the Orbx forums:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...roome-problem/

The reason for the conflict is provided in one of the sub threads listed:

The reason the DLL causes this weird texture/terrain anomaly is because VRS has it's own terrain avoidance and crash detection system built into it which is more
    accurate than the sims could ever portray thus creating this effect we are seeing with the textures and terrain. When you want to fly the VRS all you have to do
    when that prompt comes up is say yes and you will load the VRS as normal. If you select no to the prompt understand you will not be allowed to use any TacPack
    products correctly until you shut the sim down and restart and selecting yes at the prompt screen. Hope this help some out in the future.

From the various threads, the problem also seems to have existed in P3Dv3.

- Rob

Many thanks for your reply, Rob. I guess I will simply deselect loading Tackpack if I plan on flying out of certain sceneries. Not a huge deal. NC

UPDATE:

Adiemus in the forums at VRS suggested the following: Turn off the D3D Experimental Features in the Tackpack Manager. That fixed it! No more problem! NC

Thank you! Yes, that fixed it.

- Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0