Nigel Booth's Seasprite Textures?

Thread: Nigel Booth's Seasprite Textures?

Nigel Booth's Seasprite Textures?

Hi All,

Does anyone recall a texture set in US Navy blue for this helo? I thought there was one at SOH, but then again I just may be a bit loopey on this.
    The file name is sh2gnzv1.zip over at Flightsim.

Thanks in Advance, Dave

That's not "Navy blue" (Dark Sea Blue) - it's Dark Gull Gray (aka "seaplane gray" aka "engine gray.")

The Navy stopped using Dark Sea Blue on aircraft in 1954-55. The S-2 first flew in 1959.

I don't recall ever seeing a dark sea blue skin for that model. If someone painted it blue they made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    That's not "Navy blue" (Dark Sea Blue) - it's Dark Gull Gray (aka "seaplane gray" aka "engine gray.")

The Navy stopped using Dark Sea Blue on aircraft in 1954-55. The S-2 first flew in 1959.

I don't recall ever seeing a dark sea blue skin for that model. If someone painted it blue they made a mistake.
    Hi Mick, Thanks for the reply. So to make sure I'm understanding this, the UH-2G would never have worn the blue/grey colors.
    The UH-2B would have? This is a picture from the internet claiming it's a 2B.

Thanks, Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UH-2B.jpg  

Would like to have Booth's Sprite in blue also! The alternative is Virtavia's SH-2.I may just have to break down and get it eventually.
    Here is a photo of a 2F taken in Florida, April 1990(Sprites retired from the US Navy in 1993).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1123766.jpg  

Yep, no dark sea blue Navy aircraft after 1954, at least not any new ones. Some old ones may have survived in that livery for a while, but the Seasprite first flew in 1959, five years after that livery was decommissioned. Sadly, in my opinion - it's my favorite post-WW2 Navy scheme.

The Seasprites in those pictures are not Dark Sea Blue, they're dark gray. One or two of the pics seem to have a blue-ish cast, but that's due to the lighting and or the film. Back when people took pictures on film, old film would often render a blue cast to some colors in the developed images. My old airshow photos have plenty of pictures of gray aircraft that look a bit blue-ish, but I know they weren't really blue because I was there taking the pictures.

Overall dark gray is also a pretty spiffy scheme, but I'd like 'em better if they were Dark Sea Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Overall dark gray is also a pretty spiffy scheme, but I'd like 'em better if they were Dark Sea Blue.
    Couldn't agree more Mick. Never was much of a fan for any of the grey schemes.
    Especially in flight-sim world. Booooring...

Thanks mate,
    Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0