OZx Site down...

Thread: OZx Site down...

OZx Site down...

I went to the CFS3 download site and JaKae posted that the site has been compromised. Since I see no other posts regarding this unfortunate event , I take it a recent occurrence? Are the file available anywhere else for download ?

Thanks.
    "When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"

System Specs:
    O/S: Win 7-64 bit
    Intel I-7 Quad 860 @2.8GHs, Cool Master CPU Cooler (forced)
    8 Gig DDR RAM
    NVIDA GeForce GTX 670
    Creative Labs SB X-FI Platinum 64 bit Sound Card
    24" ASUS Monitor

Oh bother, JayKae is having hacker trouble. He's pretty switched-on, so they should be back up in time.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Fingers crossed. It has been quite a few days now though. Not that I'm putting a time limit on Jay Kaye, he is no doubt dealing with other life issues too. Just hoping it isn't too serious or detrimental.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I would love to know what goes on inside the brain of these hackers. What pleasure do they get from such disruption. I can understand the hacks into government websites who they may have a gripe with but innocent websites beggars belief. Where is the challenge in minimally secured websites? Losers all of them.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

The term "minimally secured websites" used by Niasmith, keeps going 'round and 'round. I give much credit and thanks to JaKae for hosting and maintaining the download servers, and fault him not for this compromise or breech incident. It does, however, I think open the door for discussion to the SOH community about we should consider securing our files going forward. I fully appreciate the need to keep the downloads "freeware", but if this has happened before, there needs to be some middle ground sought between open access to SOH members and security. This should not fall on JaKae as site administrator.
    "When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"

System Specs:
    O/S: Win 7-64 bit
    Intel I-7 Quad 860 @2.8GHs, Cool Master CPU Cooler (forced)
    8 Gig DDR RAM
    NVIDA GeForce GTX 670
    Creative Labs SB X-FI Platinum 64 bit Sound Card
    24" ASUS Monitor

Members who have read this thread: 0