U.S. Second Fleet revival

Thread: U.S. Second Fleet revival

U.S. Second Fleet revival

An interesting read chaps - looks like Norfolk's going to be busy once again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44014761
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Granted I've been retired from the Navy since 1992 but I never knew 2nd Fleet was disestablished - and I live right here in Norfolk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    An interesting read chaps - looks like Norfolk's going to be busy once again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44014761

NC

The Second Fleet was disestablished in 2011. I'm happy to see the Second Fleet reestablished and this means more jobs for my state!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hope that means another air wing with recently disestablished squadrons brought back.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Hope that means another air wing with recently disestablished squadrons brought back.
    We don't have the money now or parts supply as it stands now to keep the aircraft we already have in the air. As much as I would like to see us procure new aircraft I would like to see the stuff that we have now actually work, and for them to stop wasting money on useless modifications for weapons systems that barely work and that no one uses. To be honest if they bought more aircraft I would like to see them go back to less complex dedicated mission type of aircraft like what the Navy used to have. As this multi-mission stuff is garbage. Myself still being active I am really not sure what we gain by re-establishing the second fleet? Reading the articles and such I get it is to counter the perceived Russian threat. It just seems like more red tape to go through to get a mission done. Shall see I suppose. My time in the Navy is rapidly approaching its end and I used to think the guys when I first came in were nuts talking about how much the Navy changed from the time they went in were crazy. I see now what they were going through.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Members who have read this thread: 0