Pavehawk/blackhawk/seahawk family - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pavehawk/blackhawk/seahawk family

Quote Originally Posted by iflyfsx214 View Post
    Are these mods Tacpack enabled or are they just visuals? Either way I can't wait to have them.
    As a first step they will be only visuals. Tackpack will be possible only for LAU missiles and guns, in a second step, because (up to my knowledge) Hellfires and Penguins are not included in Tacpack, unless I could discover a method to do that.

AGM-65 Maverick might be possible alternate to the hellfire or penguin
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Great question as I wanted to do the same with adding Tacpack to my own payware models and needed help. If another modder has the same paid for model and he is only supplying me parts, not the whole model?

Aerosoft did provide a few different models in the original Seahawk/Jayhawks pack, but not all. I wanted to add the SH-60F and HH-60H and gave them a look in MCX. Is the 60F possible since Spain just recieved some used USN airframes jagl04? If they (Cera,AS) gave you permission does that mean future development of these models is over?
    I´m really interested in obtaining an acceptable model of a SH60F since, as you said, we are receiving several ex-USN ones. Probably it will be easier to create a SH60F from the blackhawk Cera Sim model than using the Seahawk by Aerosoft: it is easier to add pieces that to retire parts of the original model.

The key to mod original models is the software created by Arno Gerretsen, mdlconverterX, freely available at www.scenerydesign.org.You can use it to convert the original .mdl files to editable files as 3DS. Once you have 3DS files, you can modify them using Gmax, also freeware. There is an easier, faster method, which is to create the parts you want to add to the model with you favourite software (Sketchup, Gmax, FSDS or any other). Then you convert them to .mdl files with mdlconverterX, and then merge the original model. Creating models for tacpack is slightly more complex. You can find full intructions, weapons and files at http://www.isoliti4gatti.it/, by Corrado (sorry, I forgot his family name). Also you can find many tacpacked planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    AGM-65 Maverick might be possible alternate to the hellfire or penguin
    Good idea. I´ll have to test if once you fire a Maverick the Hellfires or the Penguin will dissapear from the helicopter. I´m not sure that will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Firehawk...

Really beautiful. Most of the work will go to textures, the water tank will be easy

SOH-CM-2023
    I am excited that you have permission to upload the Blackhawk variants. I already have the Virtavia Hawk and have a "Poor Man's" Pavehawk using the MH-60 K in that package. I had been holding off on purchasing the Cera bird since it was simply a transport bird. with your work I will be buying the Full Cera Hawk and possibly retiring the Virtavia.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Thanks jagl04 I was using MCX and Corrado’s TMAP read-me to change some payware fighters to display weapons then “fire” Tacpack AI weapon simobjects. Just started and not close to your level as I wanted to make a 60F from Aerosoft 60B models, got as far as selecting object hierarchy then got scared I might mess something up! The idea of showing a Hellfire on the model and then a VRS Maverick hitting your lased target(laser designation has to be xml coded) should be the same as bombs/A2A missiles.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Realy fantastic work. If you are ready with all mods, i will trie to pull my Blackhawk out of the hangar and test all your variants on a ride

Greetings
    Klaus

Nice choice of paint jagl04, I’ve got time in #399 also know as “Patches” due to terrible battle damage repairs.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Heroes do not always carry swords.

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Really beautiful. Most of the work will go to textures, the water tank will be easy
    If you're going to do the Firehawk model. I did the textures a few years back and would be willing to share if thatll help?

SOH-CM-2023
    I'll take the paintjob!

So your question about what folks want in terms of UH-60 variants; how about helos from units like 160th SOAR or the USAF 55th SOS? If your willing I think it would be cool to honor the work of these units and aircraft with representative simobjects:

I understand that you probably don't want to go to the stealth extreme since Area51 already has a stealth UH-60. Anyway those are my thoughts on the subject.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3_15.jpg   3_17.jpg   mh-x-2011.jpg   mhx4_2012.jpg   sikorsky_mh_60l_d_a_p__by_db120-d3f7yzb.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

SOH-CM-2023
    Can't forget the Alaska Air Guard's "Ski-Hawks" Ski Equipped Pave Hawk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skihawk.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    If you're going to do the Firehawk model. I did the textures a few years back and would be willing to share if thatll help?

Really beautiful. That would be great. Are they available anywhere?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firehawk.jpg  
    Last edited by jagl04; May 15th, 2018 at 04:14.

The basics of Tacpack are now working. Perhaps somebody in this forum can help me now. How do pilots guide the weapons? Do they have any type of visor/HUD to select the objectives?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails missile.jpg   tacpack.jpg  

I would have to see a reference to be sure, but I believe the MH-60 DAP has a fold away gunsight similar to what you see in the Milviz UH-1. For rocket ordnance its the sight picture, for hellfire or other guided ordnance I'm pretty sure they designate it with a laser target designator off of the gunsight and/or the sensor MFD that allows putting the beam on the target. There is in the later Nighthawks, a HMD for doing it by Mk I eyeball through the helmet visor/screen. I think this holds true for a UH-60 that is configured with guns and laser-guided missiles.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

this is great, looking forward to the mdl with the ext tanks.

this reminds me, i need to update the htr profile for p3dv4 for the uh60...

The older early “K” DAP with the ability to fire the door mounted mini guns in fixed forward used a grease pencil. I know a few guys flying in that unit, but it’s really hard to ask them a tactical question. The standard NVG HUD could have a software update, or the IHADDS from the AH-64 might be used. All others require the EO/IR sensor to designate with laser, the Hellfire and new guided rockets.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Beautiful day for a flight, Skipper!

Yeah it is! Hey guys, watch this!

Hmmm...
    Maybe that barrell roll wasn't such a great idea...

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mh-x-2011.jpg   sikorsky_mh_60l_d_a_p__by_db120-d3f7yzb.jpg  
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I decided to give a try and...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-5-16_15-56-6-320.jpg   2018-5-16_16-16-4-502.jpg   2018-5-16_21-28-11-574.jpg   2018-5-15_21-0-39-510.jpg   2018-5-15_21-10-11-655.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post

hey Tankerguy,
    You ready to do a new livery of the Cal Fire ones that are replacing the Hueys?

Members who have read this thread: 11