P3D Carrier ops expanded a bit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P3D Carrier ops expanded a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The guys over at MAIW have been busy finally converting the FS9 models to P3D, currently the F14,F18 are done. AI F-4B, A-7,A-4, and others exist just not converted. A few models have an air file for use on a static carrier scenery and overlapped AFCAD, 1st gen compared to this WIP!
    REALLY looking forward to the conversion of the A-7s! NC

The guys over at MAIW have been busy finally converting the FS9 models to P3D, currently the F14,F18 are done. AI F-4B, A-7,A-4, and others exist just not converted. A few models have an air file for use on a static carrier scenery and overlapped AFCAD, 1st gen compared to this WIP!
    Great news as well! Thanks for that info tidbit. Admittedly, I have long been a fan of their work but also admittedly, I was a bit too lazy to try to figure out how to convert them to FSX. Their products were always payware worthy for AI traffic and would gladly pay to support their efforts at most any cost.

Looking forward to this update too...
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Comm wise not a lot radio traffic as the majority is hand signals and the ever present yellow shirts guiding the jets around. Now Case 3 and have the AI flying a proper marshal stack, jaw dropping either way I’ll let them land while I hold in the stack.
    Not a lot of radio in case I, but case III is a different beast. Can confirm that we are going all-out with regards to landing, launching, marshal, and approach procedures, for case I, II, and III. So yes, there will be full marshal stacks, push times, deltas, the works, both for the AI and for you. Plus full CATC/CCA procedures (ms speech recognition and FSX-style menu control), including PALS/ACLS/ICLS approaches for compatible aircraft, and mode III approaches for all. Plus recovery tanking, including realistic "hawking" of low-state aircraft - the next video we put up will include this last bit, among other things.

Farley

When we are ready, we will update our SDK with guidelines on how to create AI Aircraft for our intents and purposes. MAIW models are great and I want to get in touch, but we are not ready yet for them.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Great news as well! Thanks for that info tidbit. Admittedly, I have long been a fan of their work but also admittedly, I was a bit too lazy to try to figure out how to convert them to FSX. Their products were always payware worthy for AI traffic and would gladly pay to support their efforts at most any cost.

Looking forward to this update too...
    Me too. I have been waiting a long time to see their aircraft in FSX. Thankfully, they took the leap of faith with P3Dv4 and soon we'll all be happy!

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Definitely a must buy - best sim revolution for a long time
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    MAIW models are great and I want to get in touch, but we are not ready yet for them.

Me too. I have been waiting a long time to see their aircraft in FSX. Thankfully, they took the leap of faith with P3Dv4 and soon we'll all be happy!
    Hi,

I'm the developer who took on the conversion of the MAIW F-14 Tomcat for FSX / P3D. Do drop us a line when the time comes. I'd be more than happy to help sort out the AI Tomcats so that they work with CEX carriers!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Definitely a must buy - best sim revolution for a long time
    1000% agree as an AI user to the extreme (longtime MAIW user) and fan of Naval Aviation. Now if only we can convince SiR_RiPPER and company to model an A-4 series (to the level of the F-4) and get the rights to finish the Tacpack A-7 Beta from Razbam! I'm tracking and exciting for SWS future aircraft projects, I'll purchase them all.

Can one tow AI aircraft? Weirdly, I've had more laughs for something "non-flyable" as I try to move the F-4 around, not going to make it as a blue shirt!
    Last edited by Victory103; May 24th, 2018 at 13:37. Reason: dude
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

get the rights to finish the Tacpack A-7 Beta from Razbam!
    I want to, but...

Can one tow AI aircraft?
    Yes.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Members who have read this thread: 0