Black wingtip vortex - help

Thread: Black wingtip vortex - help

Black wingtip vortex - help

Hello, I've just downloaded and installed FSXBA Hornet Version v17.1.31 and I've noticed this problem, also the vapour at high angle of attack manouvres on the back of the aircraft is black
    The same thing happens with all the others aircraft ( in the picture there's the stock FSX Hornet). So I've uninstalled the FSXBA Hornet and copied from a backup all the original FSX effects into my
    FSX effect folder overwriting when asked but the problem is still there ....
    Also my VRS Superbug now has this graphic issue... Suggestions off course are welcome!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-5-2_23-1-1-984.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

The vapor trail effect used by the Superbug might be corrupt or missing. I suggest reinstalling the Bug and it should likely fix the issue.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

How about jet contrails at high altitude? Are they showing black as well? If so, then look for this download here, flightsim.com or AVSIM.

gauges_recovery_fsx.zip
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Usually a black effect (unless intentional) means the texture file of the effect is missing. The effect is being called and displayed in your images, it just lacks the BMP file.

When you installed, did you install the Effects and the Effects\Textures in the correct places? I honestly can't recall if the autoinstaller does it properly, if at all.
    Check the D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes \FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_17.1.31\Extras\Effects folder. Your pathing may vary. Copy the files in the plane's ...\Effects\Textures folder to your FSX\effects\Texture folder, and the files in the plane's ...\Effects folder to your FSX\effects folder, and see how that works out.

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions! ASAP I'll check and leave a feedback :-)

OK mates, everything has been restorated !!!
    I didn't remember to have a copy of FSX effects folder done just after a fresh FSX installation some monts ago, so the problem has gone.
    Yesterday I've had a bad moment looking at those black stripes in the sky and my first thought was to be forced to reinstall FSX ...
    Thank you to all of you!
    For MrZippy : I've downloaded the gauges_recovery_fsx.zip and I'll keep for emergencies ( hoping to never need it !!!) thank you

Members who have read this thread: 0