aussiex.org down?

Thread: aussiex.org down?

Icon5 aussiex.org down?

Anybody know what's going on? They've been offline for the last couple days.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hacked I believe. JayKae is attempting to repair the site but is time limited. God willing they will be back.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hacked I believe. JayKae is attempting to repair the site but is time limited. God willing they will be back.
    Thanks for that info , had the same problem , fortunately JayKae is a magician , does wonderful work at that site .

Cheers
    Karol

They also host the forum for Nemeth Designs which I visit on occasion.

I wish these hackers would find something else more productive to do with their lives.
    -- WH

Didn't quite escape.
    Most of the time, like when my site got hit and redirected, it's an automated scan, which just searches the internet for known vulnerabilities* and then injects code when it finds one. The firewall that I now run is picking up a few hundred such attacks a day. Usually, which surprises me a little, from France and the US. I was expecting more from the old Eastern Bloc and China...

Still, most of these "hacks" are using bots, unfortunately.

Ian P.

*Known to the people who do this stuff, not necessarily the developers of the website software. Of course they don't report them... Mine was through a plugin, not even through Wordpress, although it was Wordpress that got malicious code injected.

Icon9

Still down. So sad.

Anyone have an update from JayKee as to how bad the situation is?
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I was expecting more from the old Eastern Bloc and China...
    those guys are frying bigger fish than this
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Didn't quite escape.
    These are automated attacks. They take no effort or time whatsoever, you just set a program running that searches for the type of software you want to attack then scans for vulnerabilities and it does the rest for you.

I received an e-mail alert yesterday from one of the security companies that the latest scare story is people taking over Wordpress servers to hijack processor time for cryptocurrency mining. Not sure of the veracity of that one, but again, it's something that can be automated and just left to get on with it while you do whatever else you want to.

Ian P.

Any updates? I hope AussieX is on the mend!
    America never stopped being great.

Icon5

Anybody know anything?? Will it be back up or is it gone forever??

Sure miss this site and their repaints.
    -- WH

We are all missing it!! Another Important place that supports our Hobby... I am hoping the best for those who are trying to "restore" it.

jaykae has allowed flightsim.com to temporary host the key scenery files

saying that there is no fix date, as it affects several sites not just ozx

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    jaykae has allowed flightsim.com to temporary host the key scenery files

saying that there is no fix date, as it affects several sites not just ozx
    Repaints, too??

LouP

Any other source to get the P3D helo autopilot? I need my co-pilot back.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Repaints, too??

LouP
    No, only the main scenery files, you need to contact the painter for a copy

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Any other source to get the P3D helo autopilot? I need my co-pilot back.
    I still have the source files I can email them or drop box them

Jankees

I got an email yesterday from Jankees about a PM I sent him (he's on the road) and he said to look for what I was looking for with a link to noless aussiex.org which means all his repaints are gone at the present too. A pox on the hackers and their cursed software!!!

I'd be surprised if it comes back on line.
    Better to start from scratch again, as the 'I'm too busy' message doesn't seem very positive.
    And a PS: Without counting back I think it is at least 6 weeks since it crashed and burned.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

So sad. They were also hosting a forum for Nemeth Designs which I would frequently visit.

I am surprised that in this day and age there wasn't a backup of the server, much less the download files.
    -- WH

Not to mention that some of the best repaiters in the business kept their files there exclusively.

LouP :-(

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post

I'd be surprised if it comes back on line.
    Better to start from scratch again, as the 'I'm too busy' message doesn't seem very positive.
    And a PS: Without counting back I think it is at least 6 weeks since it crashed and burned.
    Noting he is tied up with a serious family health concern (which is none of our business), i would dare say a computer game page is the least of his priorities

as stated flightsim.com will be hosting OXz scenery and have offered additional assistance to Jay and if you want paints, contact the painter, they may provide a email or link to alternative

As for the nemeth forums, the actual nemeth devs havent posted anything in the forums since 2010, only the odd beta tester would make the random post, my suggestion is try their facebook page or the support email

when or if OZx returns, only Jay, who is tending to his family can only say.

otherwise just like how some fanboys here like to remind me, opinions are like @ssholes, every one has one

i believe this thread has run its course

Prayers

The best thing we can do for Jay is pray for him and his family and I agree with Jeansy 100% about his family comes first. We'll all survive and its great that flightsim.com is helping out. God bless you and your family Jay

Matt,

Thanks for the update. I had no idea JayKae was dealing with family and health issues on top of the technical issues.

Let him know that we're thinking of him and hope things improve.
    -- WH

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Hope all goes well. Noticed none of the CFS3 related files has been transferred to flightsim.com. Where and when could we get them ? A huge loss for us CFS3 fans. I already have all the files i need but for some wanting to install a expansion are out of luck for now. Could SOH take over and host them ? A sad situation to say the least. Hope all turns out ok for him with his family health problems above all else. My prayers are with him and his family. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0