Baku......

Thread: Baku......

Lightbulb Baku......

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Yep, another crazy race...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

A good race, sorry for Bottas.

Not sure on the Max and Dani incident, Dani had committed to the inside but did Max move more than once?

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post

Not sure on the Max and Dani incident, Dani had committed to the inside but did Max move more than once?
    Apparently.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Max moved at least four times between pit entrance and turn 1, the lastest one being inside the braking zone.

But according to Red Bull staff, all is good between both drivers...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Moving more than once is allowed, and Daniel did make his move to the inside too late, but IMHO the ones really to blame are the team management, who should have stopped them way earlier. They were never going to finish higher than the 4th and 5th they had when they crashed.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Lightbulb

A bit coolness from Lewis:

@valtteribottasdeserved to win. He did an exceptional job, a faultless drive. He was very, very unfortunate. A one-two would have been a great result for today. Straight away when I got out of the car and did the interviews I went to see Valtteri. I just wanted to congratulate him on how well he drove and that's why I was late to the podium.”

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Max moved at least four times between pit entrance and turn 1, the lastest one being inside the braking zone.
    When you define the whole pit straight before the corner as braking zone you are correct. But not according to the experts who have been analysing the images from the cockpit view. You see Max starting to shift down gears when he starts braking and the steering wheel doesn't move at all. When the car moved in the braking zone there must have been something wrong with the car as the steering wheel didn't. Its looked more like Max issuing a brake test, and Daniel couldn't avoid him due to lack of down force to me. Not clever from Max and not very well anticipated by Daniel. As Red Bull already concluded, both didn't behave very smart.

I think we all like to see close racing and overtaking. In my opinion its better than a parade like in Melbourne. As a consequence people shouldn't whine when racing accidents sometimes happen. Daniel and Max weren't the first team mates to hit each other and they will not be the last ones as well. Collisions between drivers who aren't in the same team happen all the time. When you look at this race Sirotkin bumped into Perez, Alonso was severly hit, Raikonen took Ocon out of the race and the final action by Vettel could easily have had a different ending as well. Perhaps what happened between Max and Daniel was stupid, but not half as stupid as what Romain Grosjean did.

In my opinion Ferry is right. The team management should have stopped or warned them before it happened. Instead they threw oil on the fire by telling Daniel to go for it.

And I think Lewis was right, Bottas really deserved to win.

Cheers,
    Huub

Testing right now!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0