Lockheed Jetstar Project for FSX, P3D and P3D 64-bit - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar Project for FSX, P3D and P3D 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    It is with great sadness that I post these 2 pictures of former USAF VC-140B's (62-4197 & 62-4200) and what they have become. Friends don't let friends paint! They call this "ART"! Makes me sick to look at them...

Your model is looking fantastic GMan, Thanks for doing it!

The Old Master Sergeant
    I don't want your message discounted. I agree that it is something unusual. I'll go ahead and tell ya, this is the best outcome for those airframes. If they get to live longer as wierd paintjobs, then so be it. If, however, there is some group, that decides to buy these airframes, then they will be able to do several things. They can restore them, or they can make them into sad things. I hope that there are people that make them into happy things. I am not a millenial, I am an Army brat, and I am over 40. Trust me, if we can make these airframes attractive for the new generation, then there is hope for them.

I was wondering if you could share any further development..?
    As well does FS 2020 slow down any current development until you get a chance to see what aircraft requirements will be..?

My thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    I don't want your message discounted. I agree that it is something unusual. I'll go ahead and tell ya, this is the best outcome for those airframes. If they get to live longer as wierd paintjobs, then so be it. If, however, there is some group, that decides to buy these airframes, then they will be able to do several things. They can restore them, or they can make them into sad things. I hope that there are people that make them into happy things. I am not a millenial, I am an Army brat, and I am over 40. Trust me, if we can make these airframes attractive for the new generation, then there is hope for them.
    I enjoyed working on aircraft 62-4197 during my 9 years in Special Air Missions at Andrews AFB. It was probably one of the most reliable and easy to maintain aircraft I ever worked on. The radar and navigation systems were all the best available, military and commercial. I loved that plane, along with everyone who maintained it, and those who flew it. That's why it pisses me off to see it like that. So, I agree to disagree.

The Old Master Sergeant

Was also just wondering how this promising looking project is coming along?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Jetstar Status

Only Gordon knows

Tiny Refresher

Chuck Dome FS2004
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s_us00.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Update:

Work is progressing steadily on the project. The FSX and P3Dv4.5 PBR versions are side by side projects and require some different treatments, but it is more easily done in tandem rather than separately. With things being as they are globally, I'm balancing my time between projects in development and the rather unpleasant aspects of the world outside my space.

As of this time I'm updating and expanding the VC model and texturing to be current and more efficient. The original model was economized for earlier simulators, so I can expand the model to take advantage of improvements post authorship. The P3Dv4.5 model will be expanded even more to take advantage of the 64bit platform. Instrumentation is another big task, but it's moving steadily along.

I'll post up pics and vid as I bring the model up to speed.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Guys like you...

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Update:

Work is progressing steadily on the project. The FSX and P3Dv4.5 PBR versions are side by side projects and require some different treatments, but it is more easily done in tandem rather than separately. With things being as they are globally, I'm balancing my time between projects in development and the rather unpleasant aspects of the world outside my space.

As of this time I'm updating and expanding the VC model and texturing to be current and more efficient. The original model was economized for earlier simulators, so I can expand the model to take advantage of improvements post authorship. The P3Dv4.5 model will be expanded even more to take advantage of the 64bit platform. Instrumentation is another big task, but it's moving steadily along.

I'll post up pics and vid as I bring the model up to speed.

Hi gman 5250

Guys like you make the sim community´s days!
    A big Thank you for your work. Enjoy modelling this iconic Jetstar bird.

I am glad to see the progress here in this forum.

Greetings

RS

Thanks Gman

Nice Harley**in Avatar

Best regards

Roland

**says a Honda driver

Hi Gordon,
    Many thanks for the update - she really looks good!
    Is there any chance of getting a copy of your KBIH - it is an appealing choice for a jet base.

best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kremin View Post
    Hi Gordon,
    Many thanks for the update - she really looks good!
    Is there any chance of getting a copy of your KBIH - it is an appealing choice for a jet base.

Thanks for your interest in KBIH. This scenery was unfortunately destroyed in my data disaster a year ago. I was able to retrieve the published Alpha version, but all of the support files, modeling, geodata and bitmap art were destroyed. I am in the process of recovering what I can, but all of my scenery will need to be rebuilt from scratch. At this stage I am focusing on the aircraft modeling that was lost, so scenery is farther down the priority list.

This recovery effort is an ongoing process, but will take quite some time to gather together a library of workable data worthy of the work I had done before the data was destroyed.

I do appreciate your asking.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Hi Gordon,
    Very good of you to reply to my email. I guess I was hoping that KBIH had somehow survived your dreadful experience. I wish you the very best with the recovery process.
    Stay safe in these troubled times and thanks for your kind words.
    best regards

Rick Canham
    Australia/Sweden

Hi Gordon,
    Just wondering if you have had any time to work on this promising looking project or have any more screenshots to tease us with.
    Thanks
    expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Can you share any info about the Jetstar..?
    Will you be adopting MSFS and is this project headed for it..?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Can you share any info about the Jetstar..?
    Will you be adopting MSFS and is this project headed for it..?
    I just did a detailed project update here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ntinues/page21

Not sure about anything MSFS yet. Once the sim is released I'll be looking under the hood.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I just did a detailed project update here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ntinues/page21

Not sure about anything MSFS yet. Once the sim is released I'll be looking under the hood.
    Thanks, good news...

any new screen shots..?

Hi,
    Anything new you can share about development since last time..?

Lockheed Jetstar
    Alpha model flying, currently updating the interior to FSX/P3D/P3D PBR compatible. PBRv5 skins in progress.
    My thanks..

Happy to beta test when the time arrives!!

Hoping this one will still be released for FSX . Any updates please, anyone ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

You're not alone amongst the many of us looking forward to this one. However, it is said that all good things come to those who wait. This is a BIG project that Gman has taken on that will, in the end, I'm sure be well worth the wait. I'm sure he'll update us when he has something significant to share.

The Old MSgt

Members who have read this thread: 3