Lockheed Jetstar Project for FSX, P3D and P3D 64-bit - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar Project for FSX, P3D and P3D 64-bit

That is stunningly beautiful Gordon!!

Priller

Just got the DVD for the 80's (extremely) short lived series Automan. It's everything you'd expect it to be BUT the first episode has a very nice shot of a Jetstar on approach and landing past the camera that I assume was on a helicopter. Totally worth the pain and suffering!

Absolutely stunning work, Gordon. Beautiful does not cover it.

So glad to see you up and running again, and feel the enthusiasm in your post. Here's hoping you don't suffer anymore setbacks. Lord knows, you've had more than your share.

Looking forward to this beauty when completed.

Those tutorials you mentioned will really be helpful, also.

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Blog Entries
    Outstanding news, Gordon.

This is hands down the most anticipated civilian retro jet project for me. So glad you’re on it.

My daughters hope the teddy bear survived.

All the best and thanks for some great status updates.

DL

My God, Gordon, those pictures have convinced me to finally bite the bullet and get v4 !
    i've been putting it off for too long. Another software for a 76 year old brain to absorb.

Looks so nice an powerfull !

As many have said, absolutely stunning Gordon, very much looking forward to this one, even though its a type of aircraft I rarely fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    My God, Gordon, those pictures have convinced me to finally bite the bullet and get v4 !
    i've been putting it off for too long. Another software for a 76 year old brain to absorb.
    My transition from FSX to P3D was pretty easy as they are still very similar and its all I fly now, unlike when I tried to transitioning to X-Plane, which my 50 something year old brain had a very hard time adapting to.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

You'll have to excuse me, my jaw just hit the floor. This is absolutely astounding!

Gordon, I just wish to echo my sentiments on your current project. Absolutely exceptional. I spent 7 years with the SAM fleet @ADW in the 70's when they had the Jetstar and if there's anything I might can assist, please don't hesitate to contact me. My more important comment is that I'm very pleased that you have regained your eagerness to jump back into the development pool. No one would blame you for harboring bitter thoughts. You are an extremely gifted developer and the FS community is blessed to have you as a member. I also "thirdly" the notion that should you travel the recover route, I will stand in line and contribute up to $100 for your hard drive salvation and recovery. This in itself is not much, but I'm confident that line I'm standing in is long, indeed. God bless.... welcome back...... Terry

Gordon I'm so glad that you are developing again. I hope the development bug bites hard, causes paralysis, and ultimately acts as a parasitic symbiote! All kidding aside it's great to see your name, and development again. Pics are AMAZING. Great work is an understatement!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Awesome "G"! Knew you would!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Simply beautiful, can hardly wait for the finished product.

Icon14

It looks very very good

Blog Entries
    Time for a small update.

I'm working on the VC and instruments at the moment, but real world house/carpentry takes priority over developing for the duration of the summer.
    That said, I've been refining the exterior including PBR skins. Don't worry FSX fans, the model will translate nicely to earlier P3D and FSX. It's amazing to me that a model designed so many years ago has translated so seamlessly into our current generation simulators.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Beauty! Well done! I've hardly had any simming time this year so far too....home ownership lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

You've mastered the metal, looks great!

Blog Entries
    Out-bloomin'-standing. Been looking forward to this since the FS9 days.

Did the teddy bear survive? My 9 year old wants to know ... she hasn't forgotten ....

2019 is shaping up awesomely ....

dl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Did the teddy bear survive? My 9 year old wants to know ... she hasn't forgotten ....
    Teddy bear is alive and well...even receiving some attention to details and updated fur coat.
    Thomas Jefferson

Awesome looking screens of the JetStar!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Really looking forward to the Jetstar! Something in my head just gravitates toward the engine layout. Other favs include the Il-62M and the VC10. Also, if I may ask an off topic question. Is the Buffalo dead or just on the very back burner?
    Matt

Easy on the eyes, this one. Would marry. 10/10

Members who have read this thread: 3