Lockheed Jetstar Project for FSX, P3D and P3D 64-bit - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed Jetstar Project for FSX, P3D and P3D 64-bit

Jim, FSD references removed from thread.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Jim, FSD references removed from thread.

Absolutely gorgeous!

My very best wishes to the team!

Best regards
    Pat
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

Blog Entries
    Jim, Gordon, et al - you have no idea how thrilled this new project has made me.

Hands down my favourite business jet of all time, and having thoroughly enjoyed the Stone model back in the FS2000 days, a fresh FSX model is literally the stuff of dreams. And the teddy bear is a bonus (showed my young daughters the renderings, and now they're hooked! LOL).

Being an incurably addicted Jetstar fanatic, I've read the comments about bare metal paints and had to point out that in addition to the obvious VIP guises, the Jetstar wore some bare schemes in her lesser known role in the USAF Air Force Communications Service ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c-140-of-the-afcs_usaf-photo-k-17220_resized.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	60223

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-A...L-1329/1229545

More some folks cup of tea than mine, but I figured some would like to see these.

Of course, what I'm hoping for is a NASA scheme ....

http://www.aviationphotocompany.com/...6426/e51add642

... but I'll eagerly eat up anything this great team puts together.

Thanks again, and looking forward to the eventual updates (appreciate that it's still very early stages).

dl

Been a while! Anyone know if anything is still happening with this?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Will you still someday complere the P-1 Explorer??
    I was looking forward to that but since forgot. Not being greedy but should I forget about it again? ;-)

LouP

An exceptionally cool looking paint scheme and photo D_L ..

the Jetstar wore some bare schemes in her lesser known role in the USAF Air Force Communications Service ....
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Guy, as far as I know the project is still on. But Gordon is now head of the Jetstar and it is his call.

Thanks Jim!

Blog Entries
    The project is still in the works. My system is back up and running and I am currently prioritizing my work flow.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Great news! Such an iconic aircraft.

Any news on this one?

Just a respectful bump to check the status of this.

I feel for Gordon, he has more problems with his systems either being hacked or programs going wonky on him than most people I know. . .but he's also working a lot of very (what I would call) Hi-Tech projects that require a well tuned system. I'm sure the Jetstar is getting his attention, but he's been through some things recently that have probably slowed his ability to work on anything on a regular basis.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ed, that was very kind.

The Jetstar is safe and sound on my backup storage, pretty much the same as you see in here. I have been able to fly it in FSX and P3D, I'm also looking at a V4 compatible model.

Ed hit the nail on the head. I have experienced my share of setbacks, currently sitting on a broken system and pulling together the resources to build the new one. Until then I am on my wife's backup '09 MacBook 13" for comms...and that's about it.

For a dyed in the wool workaholic, it's not easy to sit in solitary for weeks on end when I have so much in development. That cannot be helped, but rest assured...this project is in the queue for when I am back up to full song.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Gordon, glad to see you are around. Hope for a better PC future.
    Best
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thanks Ed, that was very kind.

The Jetstar is safe and sound on my backup storage, pretty much the same as you see in here. I have been able to fly it in FSX and P3D, I'm also looking at a V4 compatible model.

Ed hit the nail on the head. I have experienced my share of setbacks, currently sitting on a broken system and pulling together the resources to build the new one. Until then I am on my wife's backup '09 MacBook 13" for comms...and that's about it.

For a dyed in the wool workaholic, it's not easy to sit in solitary for weeks on end when I have so much in development. That cannot be helped, but rest assured...this project is in the queue for when I am back up to full song.

Understanding your computer life changes, will this project be passed on to someone else..?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Understanding your computer life changes, will this project be passed on to someone else..?
    Maybe Gordon will verify. . .or someone else with first-hand knowledge. . .my understanding was that he lost everything he was working on (he was able to get back a small selection of work). I believe the Jetstar is gone.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Maybe Gordon will verify. . .or someone else with first-hand knowledge. . .my understanding was that he lost everything he was working on (he was able to get back a small selection of work). I believe the Jetstar is gone.
    Nope, I sent Gordon the source files for the Jetstar again. It is still in the works as far as I know.

Best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    Nope, I sent Gordon the source files for the Jetstar again. It is still in the works as far as I know.

Best

Jim
    I hope it's true that "G" is still active at least at some level on modeling! -TeD

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Very keen to see this project continued!

Blog Entries
    The Jetstar is indeed in development. Jim was kind enough to re-send his source files to me, which allows me re-boot this project...although from scratch.

At this stage I have a flying model in FSX and P3D including V.4 PBR. I am currently working on developing the panel and bringing the gauges/switches live. I lost all of my hand painted gauge faces and gauge resources when I lost my data, so a rebuild of everything will be necessary. That is taking a bit of time, due to the complexity of the VC in a four engine 60's era jet. Bear with me gentlemen, I lost some very expensive software, much of which is no longer supported resulting in the need to purchase...again...the current versions. The VC is not quite ready for prime time, so no shots there...yet.

The original model was forwarded to me in Gmax format. I used a "bridge" to export those files out to a usable 3D Studio mesh which required an extensive re orientation of pivot points and some mods to animations. Most of the animations translated relatively well, but the more complex animations like landing gear and air stair required a complete re-do. VC animations translated remarkably well, requiring only a re-assignment of functions and mouse triggers to the various controls, knobs and switches. Jim provided the syntax mods for the modeldef files, so that made life easier by a bunch. It pays to work with a pro.

The model is shown in a white lighting study skin here. At this stage I can begin adding details to the normal mapping, focusing mainly on accurate flush riveting, panel lines and skin stress. The PBR engine is extremely efficient at rendering subtle lighting variations, generating lovely highlights on panel height variations and rivet dimples. I've got some raw video of the airplane in flight and will do a short study video soon. The video really captures the live light in motion, showing off the PBR skins in a way that screen caps simply cannot.

The cabin modeling is absolutely magnificent, so I think this may be a perfect opportunity to take the interior into either Quixel or Substance Painter and document the process of rendering a full interior using those utilities. I can detail how to add complex ambient shadowing, PBR materials and detailed normal mapping in the process. Good opportunity to do some tutorial videos here.

I'm currently adding the ambient occlusion shadowing to the VC and cabin. This requires much re-mapping of parts and texture sheets. Bear in mind that the original model was configured to accommodate 32bit only with low poly counts and limited resources for rendering today's HD textures. I am expanding the model to take advantage of the resources we have available to us currently, resulting in what you see here...a 4K, light interactive model. At this stage of development the model has translated beautifully from its original format to 3D Studio and 64bit simulators. Here are a few shots of the PBR model in Prepar3Dv4.
    Quite a lovely airplane to fly as well.

Prepar3D V4 Physically Based Rendering over So Cal

\
    Last edited by gman5250; May 5th, 2019 at 05:15.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Thomas Jefferson

: aplausos:: aplausos:: aplausos:: aplausos:: aplausos:
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Members who have read this thread: 3