( RELEASED ) Northrop RF-61C Reporter BETA - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ( RELEASED ) Northrop RF-61C Reporter BETA

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    Since this was probably considered a WWII spy plane would it be possible to make a Night Recon all black one in the final version? You know like ala Black Widow look. Maybe a rear panel like Seahawks post #26. Any way I updated my panel again. If you are interested here it is. Robert
    Thanks for the panel work Mcanx. Once the Reporter is finished, I'll be working on the P-61C Black Widow variant, which of course was painted gloss black. It also briefly appeared as a test version in bare metal, so the best of both worlds will be available
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

UPDATE:

I solved the engine problem. It was due to my early modelling inexperience, when I, erm, inadvertently put the propellers the wrong way round

Engines, switches, dials, fuel taps and everything now works the way it should. I have also removed the underside beacon and mapped a new VC texture to the rear seat for those that wish to use it. Further improvements will follow as I pin down little bugs here and there, but I will leave the mapping of special gauges ( cowls etc ) to those who wish to use them from other airplanes. As previously stated, feel free to distribute your revised panels to the wider community once the v1 Reporter is released.

The Reporter appearing low in the sim selection window is due to the fuel truck addition. This can't be helped much. I am also editing the XML coding for the truck visibility so that it cannot be inadvertently selected while flying around.

Some of the cockpit switches don't perform their real-life actions. The gun camera switch actually activates the prop de-ice. This was advised to me by more experienced modellers so that the switches could be updated at a later date as they were animated and ready to go.

Finally, the landing light / nav light connection seems to be an in-built FSX bug. It should be easy for me to solve with a couple of visibility additions to the model.def that will check for the switch bool variable in each case and thus separate the two. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the testing and info' - it'll make the Reporter, and the P-61C, all the better for it!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

SOH-CM-2023
    At 84 I thought I'd never see the FSX Blackwidow. Now with the Northrup RF-61C there is a suitable substitute.

What a beautiful aircraft. Many thanks to Dean for his superlative first effort. And kudos to the team. Pam has been a longtime advocate of the widow and has been a significant influence in advancing many efforts getting it completed. How many posts and flight files has she created for the widow and RF-61C?

Were the internal plane shadows and the Fuel truck incorporated in the beta? If not, that may be why I have not seen them.

Again, thanks Dean for your RF-61C and all those many hours of learning and work.

Jim Jones

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    At 84 I thought I'd never see the FSX Blackwidow. Now with the Northrup RF-61C there is a suitable substitute.

What a beautiful aircraft. Many thanks to Dean for his superlative first effort. And kudos to the team. Pam has been a longtime advocate of the widow and has been a significant influence in advancing many efforts getting it completed. How many posts and flight files has she created for the widow and RF-61C?

Were the internal plane shadows and the Fuel truck incorporated in the beta? If not, that may be why I have not seen them.

Again, thanks Dean for your RF-61C and all those many hours of learning and work.

Jim Jones
    Thanks very much for your kind words Jim! The final RF-61C Reporter should be released within a day or two. The fuel truck displays when you open Exit 2.

The P-61C Black Widow will be along too in a month or so, I'm just building the main fuselage and the different cockpit layout. Pam says that it should only require a few minor tweaks to the FDE and we'll be good to go. Robert and the team's P-61B Black Widow should follow some time after that but there's no release date yet, so you should have plenty of airframes to choose from before long...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P61C.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Looking great and thanks for the good news.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post

The P-61C Black Widow will be along too in a month or so, I'm just building the main fuselage and the different cockpit layout. .......

I thought this might be cover art for one of your new novels..?....

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I thought this might be cover art for one of your new novels..?....
    Thanks Funnily enough the book I'm working on at the moment is set within the world of US Naval aviation, so both of my hobbies are coming together on that project...

Members who have read this thread: 0