And now for something completely different...an Arado 240C

Thread: And now for something completely different...an Arado 240C

Folks,
    Been sitting on this for some time, tweaking and getting it all together. Another great model from Chris Lampard, with his tex for the night fighter. I'm doing the 2D and VC panels. I've also modded it into a couple of other models, a Jabo (bomb armed) and recon (drop tanks) version, with another tex.

Still quite a bit to do...and no time scale, but close.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar240C1.jpg   Ar240C2.jpg  

Hope a cfs 2 version can be made or converted

New one on me... it doesn't even feature in my big fat Encyclopedia of World Aircraft nor any of my other tomes of the era including Janes. Interesting aircraft with shades of Ju-88 in appearance.

wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arado_Ar_240
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

SOH-CM-2020

Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    Hope a cfs 2 version can be made or converted
    I second the vote for a CFS2 version. But if it is too much work, thanks for even considering it.

Cheers,

SW

Ha ha you guys!! Do you honestly think I wouldn't be doing a CFS2 version, it was really made for CFS2........

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2024
    Wow...
    Now that I have scraped my jaw back up off of the floor, Let me say THANK YOU!!!!! Heck, I was hoping (I thought, in vain) that someone would fix the one by Payakan, or convince J.R. Lucariny to upload his...
    Dare I ask- which variant? Just curious... I gather that there was a few engine/prop/spinner variations... I also understand that it was a respectable performer once all the bugs were out...
    Neat-o! Thanks again! -Mike Z.

P.S. LOL... I got so excited that I didn't pay close attention to the photos! Duh...
    Last edited by mikezola; April 27th, 2018 at 15:34.

SOH-CM-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Ha ha you guys!! Do you honestly think I wouldn't be doing a CFS2 version, it was really made for CFS2........

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks Shessi, you are a superstar!

cheers,

SW

Man, look at those LONG nacelles! It just screams to made into a rubber powered twin.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi Stoney,
    Is that your 'thing' then?

If it is, then yes I suppose it would give you a lot of room for rubber band power.....

Good looking ac.

Cheers

Shessi

Arado 240C

Hallo Shessi,

nice to see you look again on a german plane.
    A rather complex plane with a very interesting wing architecture near the Fowler flaps but this was extended also on the ailerons, wonder if it might be possible to reproduce in FS9.
    All what I read about this plane hummmm not realy a lovely plane. The reports I read from Rechlin says that his flying caracteristics where quiet bad - the only good thing was its high speed.
    when I will come back from work I will see if I have some little goodies in my archives interesting enough to send you

Bon courage
    Yours Papi

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello-
    I did a little re-reading and found out that Eric Brown took one for a spin- he thought it was pretty tricky to fly. It reminded him of flying a Me-410...

- M. Z.

Thanks Shessi. yep, rubber powered free flight scale that is my passion! Not my plane, but still cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMy2vkdYW6c
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

I favor both. thanks for the pdate. looking foward to this one.

Interesting model again! It will be a nice addition to my collection of night fighters. It looks a bit like the He-219 with the wings from a Ju-88.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hallo friends,
    for those who can read german text,
    you will find some reports about this strange bird on the net.
    there where some interesting features in its design. I wonder if the complex wing systen can be done in fs9.
    the wing shape, noooo Huub, not to compare with the Ju-88, nore Ju-188. The Ju's had long wings. The Arado engineers tried to gain speed by making short wings as the short wings are very problematic for landing they tried to compensate this by what they called "Rollflügel" rolling wing. I fact it was quiet similar to the fowler flaps, but it was extended to include the whole trailing edge including the ailerons.
    The test pilots did not love it a lot.
    Yours
    Papi

Lol, I wasn't talking about the size of the wings but about the shape. Roughly triangular with nacelles stretching far in front of the wings.

I can read German, but there is a lot available in English as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ar 240 versus Fw 187

When looking at the history of this plane I m a bit astonished about the Luftwaffe to put time, money and resources into this plane and that they completly did forget the Fw 187 which certainly had a lot more potentials than the Arado.
    One more decisions taken by the luftwaffe difficult to understand today
    Huub, will you do a paint for this bird, completely used as you know so well to do?
    Yours
    Papi

SOH-CM-2024
    Hmmm... Well, these good folks have given us a Ta-154, an Me-410, now an Ar-240 is on the way... so maybe a Fw-187 is a possibility! Just the same, I'm pleased as punch with what we have so far...

- Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Huub, will you do a paint for this bird, completely used as you know so well to do?
    Yours
    Papi
    I can't make any promises, but I think it shouldn't be too much work to make it look a it more used.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0