EU Netherlands TrueEarth available

Thread: EU Netherlands TrueEarth available

EU Netherlands TrueEarth available

Orbx has released Netherlands True Earth.

Cees

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...plete-package/

It sure looks stunning, but I'm afraid it will ave to wait till I have a new PC

Cheers,
    Huub

Certainly looking nice, but do I really want to spend $55 for a scenery that I have already covered with FTX Global, OpenLC Europe and NL2000?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I completely agree with Manfred.

hertzie

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Certainly looking nice, but do I really want to spend $55 for a scenery that I have already covered with FTX Global, OpenLC Europe and NL2000?
    Do these three sceneries work together then, Manfred ?.... I mean, it's either NL2000 or FTX Global, not both, right ?

I had NL2000 way back when there was no autogen yet, just photoreal. Sure was nice but once you're accustomed to autogen you can't go back, can you... Never had NL2000 plus autogen. Saw a couple vids just now, looks pretty good indeed but quite darkish if you ask me. I wonder though, will i be able to fly over my own house with NL2000. I sure as hell did so a minute ago with FTX Netherlands TE ! :

That's my house right there at the point of the arrow.The park at the right of the arrow is called the Agaathe Park where i walk my dog every morning. Have to say never had so much pleasure flying my sim for a looong time !

Mind you, download and installation went wrong in the end. Forgat that FTXCentral not only downloads the files but also installs them at the same time. My P3Dv4 dedicated SSD didn't have room enough anymore to install my little swamp land at the North Sea so there's a lot of textures and 3D buildings/houses missing. But it works just the same. Just need to figure out what to do to park that 140 gigs.

I really don't know about the latest iteration of NL2000 but i sure love this, even if it's very much crippled for the time being !

chhers,
    jan

For people who are as concerned about the look of the scenery as much as the aircraft, then this will be the way to go I believe. Btw Jan did you notice there is a library update available since the scenery was released?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    For people who are as concerned about the look of the scenery as much as the aircraft, then this will be the way to go I believe.
    And for flying dutchmen of course. I can vouch for the fact that nothing beats flying over your own country, even if virtually and certainly in the kind of resolution and extreme detail as Orbx has delivered here ( the park i mentioned has a bird sanctuary and an open bandstand building and they are both depicted at the exact place here in this scenery.. ;-)

Btw Jan did you notice there is a library update available since the scenery was released?
    Yes, noticed and installed, thanks, Roger. Got a great tip from Orbx Nick to delete 'Orbx_EU_NLD_TrueEarth_HD_txt' from Orbx/User Doucuments/Versions which has FTX scannen for missing files and download and install them. All's there now and the scenery looks just breathtaking !

Spot the difference :

cheers,
    Jan

Brilliant!
    Fortunately my just added P3D4 drive had 800+GB free.
    Download via FTX Central was rather glacial but I needed a break.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Spot the difference :

cheers,
    Jan
    Fully fleshed out with buildings!
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

I've just read the ORBX release notes and the version released is for P3D v4 only. Evidently the FsX version will follow shortly at lower resolution and about a third of the P3D download size.
    SYSTEM :

Members who have read this thread: 0