ORBX - EU Netherlands TrueEarth Released

Thread: ORBX - EU Netherlands TrueEarth Released

ORBX - EU Netherlands TrueEarth Released

Hi

i stick to the west coast of the USA,but this looks great to me and i will buy it when i can.i hope they can "update" the older products to this standard.

The detail looks spectacular, and the price is very reasonable. But it's the size of these new Orbx True Earth files
    that makes me hesitate. The Netherlands download size is 77 GB, and it extracts to 148 GB on your drive. And
    The Netherlands is not a large country.

I'm don't know what the land areas are, but I wonder how many times The Netherlands would fit into PNW, or
    North and South California? The drive size required for areas like those could be Terabytes.

Anyway, I'm following the True Earth threads over on the Orbx forums with some interest.

- Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    The detail looks spectacular, and the price is very reasonable. But it's the size of these new Orbx True Earth files
    that makes me hesitate. The Netherlands download size is 77 GB, and it extracts to 148 GB on your drive. And
    The Netherlands is not a large country.

I'm don't know what the land areas are, but I wonder how many times The Netherlands would fit into PNW, or
    North and South California? The drive size required for areas like those could be Terabytes.

Anyway, I'm following the True Earth threads over on the Orbx forums with some interest.

- Rob

WOW! I had no idea how big their file was (I know it's shown on their product page). That is indeed an investment of HDD real estate and actually makes me consider how often might I fly over the Netherlands vs HDD space needed to support. I would definitely be interested in something from area's I fly frequently, unfortunately NL is not one of those areas. I will continue to watch this develop but she is indeed a very nice add on. Love the details, however the cost is a very large HDD footprint. Admittedly, I was in awe at the details, so perhaps will support once it's on sale, and find a few flights from Soesterberg.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i stick to the west coast of the USA,but this looks great to me and i will buy it when i can.i hope they can "update" the older products to this standard.
    My understanding is that they are already working on the Pacific Northwest, and many of their European releases as their next True Earth product. Here's the link.

As I understand it - 77 gb download , 160gb (or thereabouts ) to unpack- or whatever it does. It then cleans out after and you are left with 77gb. You can now use whatever drive you wish and leave C drive out of the process should you wish.

Very exciting stuff . Game changer in my books

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    As I understand it - 77 gb download , 160gb (or thereabouts ) to unpack- or whatever it does. It then cleans out after and you are left with 77gb. You can now use whatever drive you wish and leave C drive out of the process should you wish.

That's correct. You just need the 160GB or so temporarily.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    That's correct. You just need the 160GB or so temporarily.

Cheers,
    Much more reasonable explanation and now has my interest piqued...thanks for posting
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0