Cfs3 ETO stuck in era 1.

Thread: Cfs3 ETO stuck in era 1.

Cfs3 ETO stuck in era 1.

Hi fellas. Trying to install ETO. Have for 6 days. I'm not a pro modder but have spent time on cfs2 way back. I do ok swapping files and folders, usually. Have Maw, Bob, and dpc Korea added and they're fine. As well as all the stuff ive added to cfs3.
    I did complete uninstall of ALL CFS and add ins. Started clean. Ran installer for ETO. Everything set up seemingly fine. Set up in program files, not x86 as directed. Add the 1.29 update and alter batch files as prescribed. At end of read me it says set spawns to 1, and set era to 1. Then go fly. I had for the first 3 days just went on and installed all updates and such up to 1.50, all the file removers and zappers and such..usually it would load, just in era 1. I've lost files and folders, deleted all Msoft Games folders in program files and program files x86 to try to start all new, end up the installers don't direct me thru their default install path now. Just shows it's installing to (c. Now auto installers just shoot programs where they want to it seems. Like my directory lost its compass.
    I add ankors shaders 3.0 and get a line thru center of screen at airport, and when flying the bottom half of my plane was just gone. Like it was lying belly down in the sea.but flying. So i deleted it all..installed cfs3 and bob and maw and korea yet again because i want to fly SOMEWHERE, even if its not where i wanna be! I hate to start over again. But I want eto to work, and I can't rest while feeling bested by a computer program that allegedly "self installs". Lmao
    I have uac off, have run as admin on everything I can label, given myself access permission on any folder that acts funny, given myself permission over entire cfs3 install folders, changed read only, edited, changed em back..i may be unknowledgeable in many areas but I've never been accused of being completely incapable....and I have less hair now than when I started.
    If anyone seeks a challenge here it is. THANKS, Danny

I'm on win10. i5-2400
    8gb ram
    Nvidia gt520 synergy edition

So, to understand your procedure. BTW are you in C; Drive or elsewhere?

1. Install MS CFS3 + 2 updates

2. Install The latest ETO install, not any subsequent updates.

Start in ERA 1, Did or does it work at that stage? If yes add final updates.

Does it work in ERA 1 then? How about other eras?

If not, advise what is happening. Dopn't worry about Ankor yet.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I start with CFS3 clean. ALL other CFS stuff deleted from appdata and docs and etc. I install cfs3, the 2 CFS updates to 3.1. Add my (thingy) and test run 1 flight.
    Then I install ETO main, and its 1.20 update. At this point I test ETO and get only era 1. It won't change despite which I select.
    Everything goes to crogram files/msoft games/etc as it should according to instructions.

Just seen your reply to my main post, lol, the initially suspect one, where u advise copy the etomasterstartup file and the other one. I'm not sure how to copy em, load em into my mobile phone and send em. That's how I download my mods, then go thru downloads folder and file xfer to pc. I'd have to figure out how to do that backwards. I don't have home internet. Which adds to the prob. But i edit those batch like the pdf., the txt readme, AND the youtube video of tailwinds. I streamed tailwind and followed him step by step. Still same era1 issue.

If you right click on them and click 'edit;, you'd see them. Then file save as *.txt. Then you can copy them. I'll pm an email to send them to.

BTW what are you running CFS3 on?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    If you right click on them and click 'edit;, you'd see them. Then file save as *.txt. Then you can copy them. I'll pm an email to send them to.

BTW what are you running CFS3 on?
    Run on Dell Optiplex 790. Specs in post above.
    Can i re install a copy of cfs3 despite having it,maw,bob and korea alrdy re installed, via CFS multicfg, in So far as to re do eto with vanilla copy, and retain my others? Thanks!

Not quite clear why you want 2 vanilla CFS3 3.1 copies. You only need to keep one and ETO will install separately as you know if you have all those other installs. We really need to see you batch (.bat) files for a start. Email them to me.

Not quite clear why you want 2 vanilla CFS3 3.1 copies. You only need to keep one and ETO will install separately as you know if you have all those other installs. We really need to see you batch (.bat) files for a start. Email them to me.
    I only have cfs3; modded with a doz xtra planes, changed ui music file, added fx and scenery and buildings in it. Its not a vanilla copy anymore,maw, bob and korea. I was asking, since cfs3 has those add-ons, how to make a true vanilla copy now that I have all these mods and expansions. Or do I uninstall Everything just to have a fresh cfs3 to try ETO again on? There is no ETO batch files in my system to copy at this time. After 9 days of wasted editing and no versions of cfs3 working thanks to my mass confusion and deleting and editing, I had no games at all. And was also struggling getting started here for help. So I deleted everything, did system restore and started fresh. I installed cfs3, maw, bob and korea then added all kinds of stuff back to cfs3 and gave up on ETO. Then you broke the ice with me and here we are.

There is no vanilla cfs3 installed, unless the added planes and scenery doesn't count as non fresh install, plus the 3 expansions. When I mess with one of those too much everything stops working. There is no trace of eto batch remaining to copy. It's all gone prior to me re installing all the others. Everything must be began anew if I understand proper. Mayhaps I'm yet and still not understanding, or if I am not answering your question clearly please advise. I do jumble and fragment the facts at times. I apologize.

Yes you should keep 1 completely vanilla install of CFS3 with update 3.1 and 3.1a. i would reinstall if you have the install CD or whatever.
    If the MAW, Korea, etc are working that's fine. If not delete them all and start again. making them all separate installs.
    To copy from the sticky......

1. Install CFS3. Then the two updates, 3.1 and 3.1a, and the Mission Builder (optional). This is a vanilla install.

All CFS3 Updates and the Mission Builder are available here at SOH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=13

ETO is available only at www.aussiex.org. You'll have to register, then locate it all in the Third party downloads section.

2. Install ETO 1.0.

3. Install ETO 1.20.

4. Install ETO 1.40.

5. Install ETO 1.40 Hotfix.

Use the official Installation Guide *.PDF file for installation.

When you have installed each, start ETO and see what happenes. If even at ETO 1.0 you are stuck then make sute you copy the .bat files as text files and send them. We''l go from there.

Ok. First snag. I am using an illustrated ETO installation guide 1.0 and 1.20 update. From this sites forum pertaining to. I have installed all fresh cfs3, ETO directory and the ETO main folder and exited. The multicfs config has ran. The next step says and shows the ....mb/mb.exe path editing via properties, to the x86 path and etc.
    There's no mission builder. All attempts to locate file location says that it doesn't exist. I did not install cfs3 MB in my vanilla install. Now what? Edit. Just installed cfs3 mb and the directory change accepted me sneaking in the (x86) path edit...continuing to 1.20.

What name did you give to your ETO install in the mutlicfs should be something like CFS3 ETO Expansion. You should check in your users AppData file if you have something like C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________
    The mission builder or mb is separate from the CFS3 install and can be found at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tches-and-SDKs Add it to any or all installs and then follow my how to in post 69 at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dge-base/page3

It shoould not have any effect on your install working and I wouldn't worry about it until you have the install working, so I don't understand how or where you got
    "The next step says and shows the ....mb/mb.exe path editing via properties, to the x86 path and etc.

After you install, AND your batch or .bat files are correct in telling the sim where everything is (why I need to see them!) then start era 1. If that isn't even going let me know. Your startup bat shoould be something like this. If not we already have an issue!

@ECHO OFF
    CLS
    CALL ETOEraSwapper.bat
    CD "C:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer"
    CALL ETOGLSwapper.bat
    CD "C:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\sounds"
    CALL ETOMusicSwapper.bat
    START cfs3.exe

What name did you give to your ETO install in the mutlicfs should be something like CFS3 ETO Expansion. You should check in your users AppData file if you have something like C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 ETO Expansion_________
    The mission builder or mb is separate from the CFS3 install and can be found at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tches-and-SDKs Add it to any or all installs and then follow my how to in post 69 at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dge-base/page3

It shoould not have any effect on your install working and I wouldn't worry about it until you have the install working, so I don't understand how or where you got
    "The next step says and shows the ....mb/mb.exe path editing via properties, to the x86 path and etc.

After you install, AND your batch or .bat files are correct in telling the sim where everything is (why I need to see them!) then start era 1. If that isn't even going let me know. Your startup bat shoould be something like this. If not we already have an issue!

@ECHO OFF
    CLS
    CALL ETOEraSwapper.bat
    CD "C:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer"
    CALL ETOGLSwapper.bat
    CD "C:\CFS3 ETO Expansion\sounds"
    CALL ETOMusicSwapper.bat
    START cfs3.exe
    Files emailed to ya, Mongoose. They don't look same as ur examples...also sent the dang .pdf guide.

9 days of failure in The Epic ETO struggle.pdf.

Where it says editing batch files. According to what ya showed me, Mongoose...they ain't a nothing alike.

ETO 1.0 and 1.2 installation guide
    A new guide to installing ETO 1.0 and 1.2 is now available in the Warbirds Index, CFS3 Other section. This collaboration between Grizzly50 and myself compiles information from the ETO Expansion Download Links, Comments, Questions sticky and the instructions supplied with ETO and includes many screenshots to guide the user through the process.

I'm not saying the official instructions are faulty - all you need is there - but many of our new visitors are less familiar with file and folder fiddling than some of us. This guide was compiled to help them get up and running more easily with ETO.

The same questions keep cropping up in the sticky thread:-

•I've got lots of add-ons installed to CFS3 - do I have to dump the lot?
    •I made a mess of it and reinstalled ETO and it still doesn't work, help!
    •Why doesn't ETO work on my Vista system?
    •I can't get ETO to run anything but Attack in the West '40!

and I hope this guide will help answer them and lift some of the burden from rbp71854 and Ursa Major himself, Grizzly50, who has worn out several keyboards and his annual PM quota answering cries for help.

Main topics covered are:-

•I want to keep my existing CFS3 (using MultiCFS3)
    •Installing ETO
    •Editing ETO Batch files
    •If it goes wrong
    •Deleting a faulty installation
    •Updating ETO to version 1.20

Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 are all covered, as are the 64-bit versions. The guide is a single .pdf file - all you need is Acrobat Reader to view.

eto_installation_guide.zip -- http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=13&id=6698

Many thanks to those who contributed to the sticky:-
    0-1Driver, Grizzly50, rbp71854, Talon, cristiano103, middle, Tailwind
    - and many others.

Should you spot a mistake in this guide - LET ME KNOW PRONTO! Thanks!

The Guide was originally in the Warbirds Archive - CFS3 Other section. It's now in the Warbirds Index file library and the above link is to that copy.
    Tom

your first email had no attachments. You can just copy the text to the email if easier. So I have no idea what it did look like

What ETO pdf is that?

To edit masterstartup. bat

First under properties make sure not read only then
    open with notepad

1.right click with mouse
    2.left click edit (open with notepad)
    After editing file save or file save as ***.bat Make sure it is a .bat file not a .txt file although you can save a .txt versikon as well since it won't effect the sim.

If it doesn't look like mine I need to see it (in text is fine!)

your first email had no attachments. You can just copy the text to the email if easier. So I have no idea what it did look like

What ETO pdf is that?

To edit masterstartup. bat

First under properties make sure not read only then
    open with notepad

1.right click with mouse
    2.left click edit (open with notepad)
    After editing file save or file save as ***.bat Make sure it is a .bat file not a .txt file although you can save a .txt versikon as well since it won't effect the sim.

If it doesn't look like mine I need to see it (in text is fine!)
    That pdf was from a Hairyspin post for ETO help. Circa 2012ish.

Ok my lines looked like this, sorta:
    C:/program files/Microsoft games/cfs3 ETO expansion/qclocations/1941.

Then it says edit to:
    Crogram files (x86)/microsoft games/.....and follows that path...but the edit pdf clearly shows leaving all the program file/msoft/ junk in the path....

Or close, which is how the pdf showed it done.
    What u typed is more like the word readme included.

C:/cfs3 ETO expansion/qclocations/etc

No mention of x86 and all that. I followed the un original document firstly because it was easier to read and had pics, and secondly it seems Hairyspin has been at this awhile and I assumed the post and links info was tried and true.

I have no idea where you are getting something like

there shouold not be a ----/qclocations/1941 anywhere.
    Please just type out your masterstartup.bat file for a start, otherwise I don't know where to start helping you.

I have no idea where you are getting something like

there shouold not be a ----/qclocations/1941 anywhere.
    Please just type out your masterstartup.bat file for a start, otherwise I don't know where to start helping you.
    Sent 4th try email Mongoose.

Never received. I suggest you print here. Your ETOEraswapper.bat should look something like this

@ECHO OFF
    CLS
    REM THIS PROGRAM PROVIDES THE ABILITY TO CHANGE MULTIPLE ERAS IN THE CFS3 ETO EXPANSION.
    REM IT WILL INSTALL AND REMOVE THE NECESSARY GLOBAL LAYER FILES, MISSION FILES, AND OTHER FILES
    REM REQUIRED TO REFLECT THE WAY THE THEATER WAS AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO W E L C O M E T O C F S 3 E T O E X P A N S I O N
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO 1. 1936 - SPRING 1940 SPAIN AND WEST'40
    ECHO.
    ECHO 2. SUMMER 1940 - YEAR END 1942 BATTLE OF BRITAIN
    ECHO.
    ECHO 3. EARLY 1943 - SPRING 1944 YANKS OVER GERMANY
    ECHO.
    ECHO 4. SPRING 1944 - LATE 1944 NORMANDY TO THE RHINE
    ECHO.
    ECHO 5. LATE 1944 - SUMMER 1945 BATTLE OF THE BULGE TO V-E DAY
    ECHO.

SET CHOICE=
    ECHO.
    SET /p choice=PLEASE SELECT YOUR THEATER ERA BY TYPING THE NUMBER AND THEN ENTER
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    IF NOT '%choice%'=='' SET CHOICE=%choice:~0,1%
    IF '%choice%'=='1' GOTO :1936_ERA
    IF '%choice%'=='2' GOTO :BOB_ERA
    IF '%choice%'=='3' GOTO :1943_ERA
    IF '%choice%'=='4' GOTO :1944_ERA
    IF '%choice%'=='5' GOTO :1945_ERA
    ECHO.
    ECHO "%choice%" IS NOT VALID CHOICE PLEASE TRY AGAIN
    ECHO.

:1936_ERA
    IF NOT EXIST bob_missions GOTO :BOB_1936
    IF NOT EXIST 1943_missions GOTO :1943_1936
    IF NOT EXIST 1944_missions GOTO :1944_1936
    IF NOT EXIST 1945_missions GOTO :1945_1936
    IF NOT EXIST 1936_missions GOTO :SUCCESS
    :BOB_ERA
    IF NOT EXIST 1936_missions GOTO :1936_BOB
    IF NOT EXIST 1943_missions GOTO :1943_BOB
    IF NOT EXIST 1944_missions GOTO :1944_BOB
    IF NOT EXIST 1945_missions GOTO :1945_BOB
    IF NOT EXIST bob_missions GOTO :SUCCESS
    :1943_ERA
    IF NOT EXIST 1936_missions GOTO :1936_1943
    IF NOT EXIST bob_missions GOTO :BOB_1943
    IF NOT EXIST 1944_missions GOTO :1944_1943
    IF NOT EXIST 1945_missions GOTO :1945_1943
    IF NOT EXIST 1943_missions GOTO :SUCCESS
    :1944_ERA
    IF NOT EXIST 1936_missions GOTO :1936_1944
    IF NOT EXIST bob_missions GOTO :BOB_1944
    IF NOT EXIST 1943_missions GOTO :1943_1944
    IF NOT EXIST 1945_missions GOTO :1945_1944
    IF NOT EXIST 1944_missions GOTO :SUCCESS
    :1945_ERA
    IF NOT EXIST 1936_missions GOTO :1936_1945
    IF NOT EXIST bob_missions GOTO :BOB_1945
    IF NOT EXIST 1943_missions GOTO :1943_1945
    IF NOT EXIST 1944_missions GOTO :1944_1945
    IF NOT EXIST 1945_missions GOTO :SUCCESS

:BOB_1936
    REN missions bob_missions
    REN 1936_missions missions
    REN uires bob_uires
    REN 1936_uires uires
    REN qclocations.xml bob_qclocations.xml
    REN 1936_qclocations.xml qclocations.xml
    REN splash24b.bmp bob_splash24b.bmp
    REN 1936_splash24b.bmp splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1943_1936
    REN missions 1943_missions
    REN uires 1943_uires
    REN 1936_uires uires
    REN qclocations.xml 1943_qclocations.xml
    REN splash24b.bmp 1943_splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1944_1936
    REN missions 1944_missions
    REN uires 1944_uires
    REN 1936_uires uires
    REN qclocations.xml 1944_qclocations.xml
    REN splash24b.bmp 1944_splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1945_1936
    REN missions 1945_missions
    REN uires 1945_uires
    REN 1936_uires uires
    REN qclocations.xml 1945_qclocations.xml
    REN splash24b.bmp 1945_splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1936_BOB
    REN missions 1936_missions
    REN bob_missions missions
    REN uires 1936_uires
    REN bob_uires uires
    REN qclocations.xml 1936_qclocations.xml
    REN bob_qclocations.xml qclocations.xml
    REN splash24b.bmp 1936_splash24b.bmp
    REN bob_splash24b.bmp splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1943_BOB
    REN uires 1943_uires
    REN bob_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1944_BOB
    REN uires 1944_uires
    REN bob_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1945_BOB
    REN uires 1945_uires
    REN bob_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1936_1943
    REN 1943_missions missions
    REN uires 1936_uires
    REN 1943_uires uires
    REN 1943_qclocations.xml qclocations.xml
    REN 1943_splash24b.bmp splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :BOB_1943
    REN uires bob_uires
    REN 1943_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1944_1943
    REN uires 1944_uires
    REN 1943_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1945_1943
    REN uires 1945_uires
    REN 1943_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1936_1944
    REN 1944_missions missions
    REN uires 1936_uires
    REN 1944_uires uires
    REN 1944_qclocations.xml qclocations.xml
    REN 1944_splash24b.bmp splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :BOB_1944
    REN uires bob_uires
    REN 1944_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1943_1944
    REN uires 1943_uires
    REN 1944_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1945_1944
    REN uires 1945_uires
    REN 1944_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1936_1945
    REN 1945_missions missions
    REN uires 1936_uires
    REN 1945_uires uires
    REN 1945_qclocations.xml qclocations.xml
    REN 1945_splash24b.bmp splash24b.bmp

GOTO SUCCESS
    :BOB_1945
    REN uires bob_uires
    REN 1945_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1943_1945
    REN uires 1943_uires
    REN 1945_uires uires

GOTO SUCCESS
    :1944_1945
    REN uires 1944_uires
    REN 1945_uires uires
    GOTO SUCCESS
    :SUCCESS

Members who have read this thread: 0