L2D3 The Japanese C-47/DC-3

Thread: L2D3 The Japanese C-47/DC-3

L2D3 The Japanese C-47/DC-3

This model came out in 2007 for CFS2, in my opinion it is the most authentic L2D3 I
    know of. The plane was made by the Fighter Town Group and Gramps, I tried to
    contact them but I have no success as yet. I wanted this model to work in FS9,
    already I think the hard work had been done by the FTG/Gramps. With my very
    limited abilities I changed the air file by replacing it with a DC3 air file, I did not
    want to change the panel that came with the L2D3 because it looked great as it
    is! But I wanted a FS9 GPS in the L2D3 panel but I did not know how to put a
    FS9 GPS in the L2D3(I do have the abacus panel gauge replacer but for me I
    had no idea how to put the GPS in the L2D3 panel so I used the panel for the
    Douglas DC-3 which had a GPS F9 in it. The L2D3 flys good and it is almost
    close to the DC3 but in the takeoff run with full flaps you must watch the air speed
    once it goes to 100mph then the plane begins to lift off, landing is good but watch
    the airspeed. From what I read on the L2D3 it had more powerful engines then
    the American DC3. Toward the end of the war they were made from wood. It
    stands today as one of my faverate planes. I think this is the most close to the
    real thing. The L2D3 can be found in the library here in the CFS2 Japanese aiplanes

Thanks

Casey

L2d3

Hallo Casey,

please tell me where to find this model of a jap DC-3
    I will have a look on it and than see to add the FS9 gps, would not be hard to do
    Yours
    Papi

Members +
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nks_search.php

Just search for L2D3 in our library.

The L2D3 CFS2

Hi Papi

Just go to the war birds library, click on CFS2 Japanese Aircraft you will see it remmenber
    there are two L2D3s in the library, the one made my Fighter Town Gramps. It is the older
    one and it has the big spinners the other is a modified DC3.

Casey

I did a repaint for the FDG/Gramps L2D3 with tail markings for the Tsukuba Air Group circa 1945. The wing and fuselage textures ended up a little blotchy with artifacts from my resaving but it actually looks weathered from a distance. If any of you Tabby fans want the repaint drop me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L2D2_Tsukuba.jpg   L2D2_Tsukuba_Mine.jpg  
    Last edited by TARPSBird; April 23rd, 2018 at 23:04.

Members who have read this thread: 0