Shessi Heinkel He-59 skinpack by UncleTgt!

Thread: Shessi Heinkel He-59 skinpack by UncleTgt!

Icon22 Shessi Heinkel He-59 skinpack by UncleTgt!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - German

Description: Heinkel He-59 skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the revamp of the Piloto Azul He-59 by Shessi for CFS2.

Included are modified dp files (MISC DATA changed to kph, gun data changed for AI performance, more payload options). I've revamped the damage effects & changed the descriptions from Spanish to English.

I've revised the airfile to better match published speed & range figures.

A short note regarding water take-offs with floatplanes or seaplanes. You may notice it is impossible to take off in Free Flight using this airfile. I chose to match the AI performance so a formation in flight will stay with you. Drastically altering Propeller Thrust or Engine Power scalars may get you into the air from CFS 2's "sticky" water, but you'll be piloting a super hot rod Zatapone & your wingmen won't be able to match you. A better workaround is to simply add some Light Wind to your Free Flight settings. I don't know why it works, but it does work. No more frantic "throttle-to-the-wall" just to get moving.

I've also added a WIN 7+ 2D panel bitmap.

The textures are: 71-1. AS.88, Condor Legion, SCW May 1937.

BV+HN. II/KGzbv108, Norway April 1940.

7U+NL. Sonderstaffel Schwilden, Rotterdam, 10th May 1940.

D-AG10. Seenodienst, English Channel 11th July 1940.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Thanks to: Piloto Azul for the original aircraft.

Shessi for his undoubted skill in re-engineering older aircraft models to give them a new lease of life in the old sim.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

APR 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Shessi Heinkel He-59 skinpack UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

These look great UncleTgt. Thank you.

msfossey

Very nice!! Thank you.

Hi UncleTgt
    They look great
    Cheers
    Stuart

Nicely done John!

Good choice of texs, like the medic one (naughty germans! ).

Yes I played a lot with the airfile, to get best compromise, and agreed a little fast for CFS2, but does take off. A good option, and one I never think about, is the wind settings, so ta for that nugget of info.

Cheers

Shessi

Icon14 Reply...

John,

Thank you for your work on this, (and Shessi) another little gem we now have for CFS2.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Isn't this the plane.....

...that is portrayed as attacking H. Bogarts' and Raymond Masseys' ship in the old film "North Atlantic".

Fibber,
    I think you'll find that film is 'Action in the North Atlantic' and the ac was a Heinkel He115........

Cheers

Shessi

It was an He-59, even though they were models of them. From the Book Flying in the Movies-Aviation in Films 1912 to 2012 they said this-

Great looking paints UncleTgt.Forgive the impertinence, but I think that the tail swastika on your Red Cross repaint is facing the wrong way. Thanks for all your masterful work.

Wasn't the reverse swastika...

....a sign of peace in a mystic language ( forget which one)? I believe it was also used in one of the American Indian tribes, I believe Navaho (could be wrong there on this one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ....a sign of peace in a mystic language ( forget which one)? I believe it was also used in one of the American Indian tribes, I believe Navaho (could be wrong there on this one.)
    Fibber

See here: http://www.luckymojo.com/swastika.html

The Old MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Great looking paints UncleTgt.Forgive the impertinence, but I think that the tail swastika on your Red Cross repaint is facing the wrong way. Thanks for all your masterful work.
    Hi Ravenna,

Always worth pointing these things out. There are not many images showing the starboard side, but I found these two...

...and the port side view of mine (for completeness)

Nicely done - Thank you Uncle
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

It's not wrong per se, it's just not at the usual 45 degree angle which makes it look (deliberately) active as opposed to static.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Hi Ravenna,

Always worth pointing these things out. There are not many images showing the starboard side, but I found these two...
    Thanks Uncle, my mistake. I must be symbolically dyslexic .

Members who have read this thread: 0