FSX Default Weather Download

Thread: FSX Default Weather Download

FSX Default Weather Download

I know this thread comes up from time to time elsewhere but I bring it up here to ask for advice. I have had not been able to use real world for about a month at least the weather is same everytime. My advice question is, who would you guys recommend for getting outside weather into FSX? Not sure yet if I want to change the cloud art yet but I do need a reliable accurate and easy to use software. Mant thanks in advance.

FSRealwxlite or FSXWX are 2 freeware weather programs. I'll look for links.

http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm

https://www.fsrealwx.net/index.php/d...alwx-downloads
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Mr. Z - I stopped by the site a while ago and saw this thread. I have the FSRealWX site open right now, have an acct and have downloaded a setup file called FSRealWX v2 2.04.0854. Is this the current version to be installing? I ask because a version called FSRealWX Pro is mentioned but I can not find on this page on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Mr. Z - I stopped by the site a while ago and saw this thread. I have the FSRealWX site open right now, have an acct and have downloaded a setup file called FSRealWX v2 2.04.0854. Is this the current version to be installing? I ask because a version called FSRealWX Pro is mentioned but I can not find on this page on the site.
    Sorry, don't really know! My version, from about 4 years ago, is 1.07.1522

The FSRealWX Pro is a payware version. The freeware version is no longer supported, so it's use at your risk. My old version still works fine. (if and when I use it!)
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I have both FSRealWX LITE and PRO.
    My LITE version, which I use most, is v1.07.1522. I think that's the last version of LITE they made. I don't even think the download of LITE is available on their site any more, but I may be wrong on that. It may well be available elsewhere, but who knows?

My PRO version is v2.0.4.622. It is not payed for, however. It does function very nicely that way, as designed. It's like FSUIPC that way. A lot of it's functionality is perfectly intact without having to pay for it, but some of the more advanced features are not usable. Since 99% of why I use it is for getting real-world, wherever that place is, weather, I am perfectly content with the unpaid version. I don't need weather from 10 years ago, or to be able to load up the aircraft's stats, facts, and figgers. I've already got all those.

Both versions function very nicely, and do what I want them to, so I never bothered looking for updated versions.

Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks for the info! I will look at those. Does anybody have opinions of either Rex Skyforce3d or ActiveSky?

I've been using Active Sky for quite some time, from AS2012 to ASN to AS2016 (I think that's the right order). I've been quite pleased with it. The weather engine has quite a few options. I particularly like the ability to smooth the transitions that you get as you pass from one reporting location to another. The default weather in FSX will often give you a suddenly abrupt windshift, for example, that can cause serious consequences (overspeed, airframe stress). In AS you can manage the transition, making it more subtle.

Note that AS2016 does not come with any textures, but it works equally fine with the default, or other 3rd party products like REX Texture Direct.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Members who have read this thread: 0